• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

justwondering

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
most of the SP's i had were good to excellent. good acting, etc.

however i had 2 pts who were sorta rude. one refused to shake hands with me (before AND after the exam....i forgot and stuck out my hand the second time too)....she just kinda looked at me instead of shaking it. at first i wondered if they were being "in character", but i couldnt think of any reason why that would be in character. she wasnt in pain or anything. nor was she supposed to be a "difficult pt" or anything. what the hey.

i wish we could evaluate the individual SP cause some were fabulous and others were not.

loveumms

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Believe it or not, they still may have been considered difficult. Maybe they were trying to determine if you would be offended and get off track. Who knows, CS sucks and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it

gschl1234

15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
could it be a cultural sensitivity trick? does the pt come from a culture/background where it is inappropriate to shake?

About the Ads
D

deleted113029

most of the SP's i had were good to excellent. good acting, etc.

however i had 2 pts who were sorta rude. one refused to shake hands with me (before AND after the exam....i forgot and stuck out my hand the second time too)....she just kinda looked at me instead of shaking it. at first i wondered if they were being "in character", but i couldnt think of any reason why that would be in character. she wasnt in pain or anything. nor was she supposed to be a "difficult pt" or anything. what the hey.

i wish we could evaluate the individual SP cause some were fabulous and others were not.

lemme guess. you took CS in chicago.

justwondering

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
shoot...i hope im not giving away some patient case now. i just thought that was the sp's personal quirk. oh great. the nbme is gonna come after me now.

D

deleted113029

shoot...i hope im not giving away some patient case now. i just thought that was the sp's personal quirk. oh great. the nbme is gonna come after me now.

please take a breath...relax. you didn't give out any pertinent info...i just happened to remember the same lady. you didn't describe a CC, age, race, etc...so again, relax.:)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.