Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Welcoming myself back!

Discussion in 'Dental' started by JRogoff, Jul 23, 2006.

1. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy

Dentist
    Just wanted to say hey, havn't been on here in a year, maybe more. Hope all the old school SDNers are doing well.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. unlvdmd

unlvdmd Senior Member

Yeah, I hadn't been on in a year or so myself until boards. Gotta love SDN as the place for good advice :D Now that boards are over I have more free time to fully enjoy some of the nonsense that is said here! It's so much funnier when you're on the other side of the fence instead of a pre-dent. The "my friend wants some advice" line is always good for a laugh. :laugh:

4. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy

Dentist
    I hear ya. I got so much more free time on my hands now that i'm in clinic that i guess i got a little bored.

5. unlvdmd

unlvdmd Senior Member

Well its good to have ya back. The palatal frank and beans is still funny no matter how many times I see it. :laugh:

6. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Don't get too lazy now! 3rd year (by far) is the easiest year out of the 4, but in a blank of the eye, it will be your 4th year with 75% of your graduation requirement screaming at ya! Get whatever you can get and finish them now, if it's all prophies or restorations, then so be it! Every procedure is one less you'll have to do later. If you patient cancel on you, then call another patient to see if they can come in. Get all the data collection appointments over and have your treatment plans approved.

Try to get or find your RPD and 3-Unit bridge patients now as those are the most time consuming procedures to complete (for NSU students only). If you don't have any patients, have 4th years transfer patient(s) or procedure(s) to you that they no longer need. Also get on your PCCs to assign new patients for you if you have no patients. If your patient does not return your calls or cancels appointments repetitively, then drop them immediately.

I'm glad that you're finally in the clinic now, but soon enough you'll be faced with the pressure of "requirements"! Man, I can go for a "burritos" right about now! ;)