1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Well I managed to mess this up...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Chronotropic, Aug 17, 2002.

1. I can't beleive how bad I messed things up in the last 24 hours. I had everyhing set. I studied 5 hours a day for the last two months, I take a ton of practice tests, and worked God knows how many MCAT proeblems and I was FINALLY getting the kind of scores that I wanted. So I'm all set to slay the MCAT beast. Then last night I tried to go to sleep. Key word being tried. I layed in bed until my alarm clock went off. Nothing, not even a few minutes of sleep. With one sleepless night I manage to flush 2 months of preperation down the drain. But why stop there I probably just set myself back a whole year. Thats right I manage to mess up 3 years of college in one night. Way to go me! I'm so mad at myself right now.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thesaint

thesaint Member

relax, cool down it happens to most people. with that amount of preparation, i feel you will get the score you deserve, so fess up, it will be ok

4. TexasGuy41

TexasGuy41 Senior Member

I chugged a beer at midnight, worked like a charm, otherwise I would have been up all night.

5. Thanks for the support guys. I just felt like venting, felt really good to get that off my chest.

6. People always tell me that alcohol interferes with the sleep process. Although I always felt it helped me sleep. Just goes to show that beer fixes everything.

7. ocean11

ocean11 Senior Member

Hey, my position is similar to you in a way....see I also studied the same amount for the last two months.... BUT I neglected the essay portion COMPLETELY! or almost completely.... so everything was o.k today EXEPT the essay.... I think that is worse then doing bad on the MCAT because I'll have to redo it anyvayzzzzz damn! and who messes up the essay anywaysss...?

don't feel bad, only three years of college, you're young! redo it in April, you'll be fine and You may surprise yourself! if you studied that hard you may have aced it! so keep faith

8. Biffer

Biffer The good times doc

- I will try to help by saying that this has happened to me countless times througout college..finals.etc. I have laid awake after studying relentlessly for a variety of exams only to see them in a blur the next day after a sleepless night. Yet, in the end my studying and hard work paid off..I end up doing ok and the adrenaline actually keeps you somewhat alert. I learned my lesson and made a hard decision and tried some sleeping pills(sominex) last night and it worked and I managed a few hours of sleep. I don't plan on doing this again though.. I am looking forward to attacking my problems with exam anxiety and finally finding the pre-test sleep I once enjoyed. Don't get down about this--I am sure, if you sat for the exam today, you did fine--your knowledge was all there, you may have just been less confident.

pm me sometime-
    biffer

9. jot

jot

i think people generally feel like crap after coming out of it. i didn't think i did that great or anything - i had no idea how i did but in the end i fared ok+. i also subscribe to try your best and expect the worst - so that had something to do with it. the best thing to do is forget aobut it for a while if you can, with school starting you'll be busy etc... goodluck :)

10. WonderBoy

Physician

Attending Physician
    danwsu,

Don't worry too much, won't help you. I studied my ass off for two freakin months and I feel like **** at the moment. All you could is try your best. Just try to relax until scores come.

11. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer

ditto, turned out the light at 1130, tossed and turned, slept from 130-300, tossed and turned til the alarm went off.:(

12. afilerman

afilerman Junior Member

It's all good, because NOBODY can sleep the night before so everyone's scores are impacted to the same extent.