well one week to go

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOGETA

SuperSaiyan
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well my exam date is getting closer.
Im just redoing and understanding UW, and FA and lisenig to goljan.

I think I have a really strong shot to get more than 200:D, that was my original goal.

any advise for me to do in this week, you all are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck, my advice would be to focus on the weaker/higher-yield info. You are doing this already, but I would probably recommend a day on Pharm, one on Micro, two on weak areas of Path, and one on the higher points of Phys such as Cardio, Renal, Pulm.
Just try to stay calm and focused on the goal and you will do fine.

I have one week to go too as my test is Saturday.

Don't underestimate the power of cramming for your weak areas. Keep doing new questions if you have any left. Get 8 hours of sleep every night this week and relax the night before.

I'm doing 100 UW per day and NBME 3 tomorrow. Good luck!

thanks for the advise.
I have see a 40 and 80 point increase in my NBME score using UW and Goljan, so I will die using them plus FA and some HY material:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
can i ask how many percentage points above or below yall have been scoring on UW according to their average?

can i ask how many percentage points above or below yall have been scoring on UW according to their average?

I was in 44% and took NBME 4 and got a 330
I finsh UW with a 48%, and took NBME 3 one month later and got a 370
then couple of weeks later I continue to repeat UW and my % was 54 and got 450 on NBME 1 May 1.

The % now are in the high 70's or more than 80%:D

Just learn from the idea of the question, UW is actually teaching you the concepts of NBME, a little FA, some HY from goljan and some HY from other sources. So I think thats good:rolleyes:.

My test is May 30 I will see if UW was not a waste of time, and Im able to get my 200+:D

I was in 44% and took NBME 4 and got a 330
I finsh UW with a 48%, and took NBME 3 one month later and got a 370
then couple of weeks later I continue to repeat UW and my % was 54 and got 450 on NBME 1 May 1.

The % now are in the high 70's or more than 80%:D

Hi GoGeta,

Best of luck in these last days before your test! Just wondering, how much time has passed between the initial scores you mentioned and your current performance? Keep up the good work! :)

Willowdesi

willowdesi,

his score increase in UW is after he finished it. i'm sure most people can get 70-80% or higher on repeat questions.

Hi GoGeta,
Best of luck in these last days before your test! Just wondering, how much time has passed between the initial scores you mentioned and your current performance? Keep up the good work! :) Willowdesi

blz id right you are suppose to be scoring more than 70% in your second time around, but in my first 1,000 questions I was scoring in the 40's and in the 50's and some in the 30's:confused:, and wala that was my original cum of 44% in my last 400 questions I was scoring above 50% and couple of times in the 70's, but frecuentlly in the 50-65 % mark. And I actually ended up with 49% because it was 49.95% but the program thats not round it up.

In all the new questions they have added after I finish I have score more than 55% and that gives me an official 49%:D

Now have in mind I just want to pass with 200:cool:, Im the freak in the forum that will score the lowest compare to those 240 and 260's

i barely understood what you said. but anyways, good luck :thumbup:

i dont think you should be drinking so early in the morning, esp so close to test time. anyway, gluck on the test, and if your recent percentages on UW are close to 60% (non-repeat), you should be more confident than simply breaking 200.

blz id right you are suppose to be scoring more than 70% in your second time around, but in my first 1,000 questions I was scoring in the 40's and in the 50's and some in the 30's:confused:, and wala that was my original cum of 44% in my last 400 questions I was scoring above 50% and couple of times in the 70's, but frecuentlly in the 50-65 % mark. And I actually ended up with 49% because it was 49.95% but the program thats not round it up.

In all the new questions they have added after I finish I have score more than 55% and that gives me an official 49%:D

Now have in mind I just want to pass with 200:cool:, Im the freak in the forum that will score the lowest compare to those 240 and 260's

4 days left.

Besides doing 100 UW and answer review (3-4 hours per day), focusing on my weak areas, what subjects should I be doing these last days? I've pretty much covered all the material 3 times (twice in-depth and once cramming).

I took my last NBME today (form 3) and am 6 points below my target score. How do I keep myself fresh until Saturday? I figure UW questions should are a must, but what about a re-read of BRS path? Or should I just keep reviewing First Aid? What are you guys planning on doing in your last 4 days?

I'm starting to lose study momentum and need a plan for the final push.

Thanks for the replies.

PS- someone asked this earlier. I'm in the 60-70% range on UW. I started in the 50s about a month ago.

REMEMBR to rest the day before the test, and to go today to the prometric center and make sure everything is oin order

Just did 23 new questions on UW today and got a 65%:smuggrin:, 200+ here I go baby :love:

I'd take a sample size of 23 with a grain of salt. I typically do significantly better on a set of 25 then I do on a set of 50.

I don't think that data is suitable for extrapolation.

I'd take a sample size of 23 with a grain of salt. I typically do significantly better on a set of 25 then I do on a set of 50.

I don't think that data is suitable for extrapolation.

atleast let the guy go in to the test with some sort of confidence.

plus i think his sample size was that small since uworld just released those 23 questions a few days ago...always nice to see fresh questions in your favorite source...and do well on them...

They have 10 new question I got a 50% this time:(, but better to have it wrong in UW and not on the test.

33 new questions 20 correct= 61% :D

After tonight I have 1 day left. My plan is to start in the morning with 100 UW questions then just review FA. I'll probably stop around 4PM. Then just chill and think about something other than the test for the night. I've already confirmed my appt and know how to get to the prometric site, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

What's everyone else planning on doing the day before the exam?

Well I WENT to the test center NO I havent taken the test
smile.gif

They guy was to nice and helpfull, and I said to my self O wao, and we verify that Im all clear for next week test, and then he said for what you are thinking
1- yes Im always nice and
2- I will be like this on your test date
biggrin.gif
, I know how important is this test for you and I get this question all the time.

How cool is that:)