Were apps mailed already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xerxes106

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My transcripts just got verified about an hour ago, my dental school designations still say not mailed, just wanted to check......did anyone get confirmation that the apps got mailed to the schools today? Wondering if I have to wait a week now for next Fridays batch, just curious!

Members don't see this ad.

My transcripts just got verified about an hour ago, my dental school designations still say not mailed, just wanted to check......did anyone get confirmation that the apps got mailed to the schools today? Wondering if I have to wait a week now for next Fridays batch, just curious!

The batch was prepared on Wednesday. You will make next week.

My application status says, "Not Mailed," but I got a confirmation email from University of Washington saying they've received my application - but my transcripts haven't been verified, so I'm a little confused.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application status says, "Not Mailed," but I got a confirmation email from University of Washington saying they've received my application - but my transcripts haven't been verified, so I'm a little confused.

They can see that you have selected them as a school. It's all digital nowadays. They can access it the moment you select them, mailout or not. :)

They can see that you have selected them as a school. It's all digital nowadays. They can access it the moment you select them, mailout or not. :)

I was wondering if it had something to do with this, but now I'm worried because my recent DAT scores (my old ones are like 4 years old haha) haven't had enough time to show up yet. XDDD I guess they'll have to wait for GPA calculation anyway, so...

Thanks Glimmer! :D

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if it had something to do with this, but now I'm worried because my recent DAT scores (my old ones are like 4 years old haha) haven't had enough time to show up yet. XDDD I guess they'll have to wait for GPA calculation anyway, so...

Thanks Glimmer! :D

You'll be fine!! But this is part of the reason why I tell people to wait until their new scores show up to submit. :) They will definitely wait, though... especially if your GPA isn't calculated and your scores are out of date.

So if your mailing status said 'Not Mailed', but you've started getting email contact saying your application has been received...that means your batch has been sent out? Or does that mean it's not and you have to wait until next week? You mentioned that everything is prepared on Wednesday - does that mean that if your GPA has been verified on the 19th, your batch will be the second one or does GPA not matter in comparison to transcripts and evals?

You'll be fine!! But this is part of the reason why I tell people to wait until their new scores show up to submit. :) They will definitely wait, though... especially if your GPA isn't calculated and your scores are out of date.

Yep. :) I figured since AADSAS would take some time to calculate GPA anyway, I might as well submit and hopefully my DAT scores would arrive by then. I'll stop taking over this thread haha!

So if your mailing status said 'Not Mailed', but you've started getting email contact saying your application has been received...that means your batch has been sent out? Or does that mean it's not and you have to wait until next week? You mentioned that everything is prepared on Wednesday - does that mean that if your GPA has been verified on the 19th, your batch will be the second one or does GPA not matter in comparison to transcripts and evals?

Unless it says you have been mailed, you have not been sent out with the current batch. You will be with next week.

However, the mailings are honestly antiquated. Schools can access your app from the moment you select them, "mailed out" or not. That's why you've gotten e-mails.

I don't know if things are always prepared on Wednesdays--I thought it was on Thursdays last year--but that's at least what they did this week. If you didn't have all of the necessary things completed before the time they prepared the batch on Wednesday, you won't be mailed out with this week.

You can be mailed out if you're missing LORs and DAT scores. You can't be mailed out without your GPA calculated.

I don't think the batch was sent out - I think, as @Glimmer1991 said, it just means that the school has seen that you've applied.

If your GPA was verified on the 19th, then from what's been said here, it sounds like your batch will be the second one.

oi, that makes everything much clearer. Thanks for the info!

It would seem like most of those are automated messages dental schools ask ADEA to send out after receiving a certain amount of required documents.

I was so excited to have my GPA verified today!

I got my GPA verified today, but also got an email from CWRU and UW saying they received my application. Still says not mailed so must just be a notification.