Western Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

In Western supplemental application, there is a spot for professional picture. It is optional, so does it matter if I don't have one? Does anyone include it? I'm asking because I do not have any suit right now...

Members don't see this ad.

i heard it's for ID purposes, incase they invite you to an interview; they want to make sure it's the real u.

Members don't see this ad :)
smallkitty00 said:
Hi everyone!

In Western supplemental application, there is a spot for professional picture. It is optional, so does it matter if I don't have one? Does anyone include it? I'm asking because I do not have any suit right now...

You don't HAVE to do it. I didn't attach a picture last year and was granted an interview.

Swanchick84 said:
You don't HAVE to do it. I didn't attach a picture last year and was granted an interview.

Thanks. Did yo get accepted and go to Western?

If you are concerned about it, why don't you give them a call and ask about it. If I were you, I would just take a picture and attach it in the application. If they have a spot for it, it would be better for you to do it, I believe. By the way, I don't think you have to wear a suit; I attached mine and got accepted.

imkim01 said:
If you are concerned about it, why don't you give them a call and ask about it. If I were you, I would just take a picture and attach it in the application. If they have a spot for it, it would be better for you to do it, I believe. By the way, I don't think you have to wear a suit; I attached mine and got accepted.

Yeah, i emailed them. All they say was "it is optional." I have my picture wearing a white shirt. I guess I will just attach the one I have. It is too rushy and pricy for me to go buy a suit now, given that I have a small figure.

Thanks. I really appreciate your input.

Hi guys, I'm applying to Western U for Fall07, but i'm not from CA tho. I'm a junior at University of Houston, TX and i'm a international student ( not U.S citizen) I wondered if I have to re-take the Toelf test ( cuz my Toefl test expired last month) Many thz :)

BABY_GHOST said:
Hi guys, I'm applying to Western U for Fall07, but i'm not from CA tho. I'm a junior at University of Houston, TX and i'm a international student ( not U.S citizen) I wondered if I have to re-take the Toelf test ( cuz my Toefl test expired last month) Many thz :)

Yes, you do. I am a permanent resident here, graduated High school here, been here almost 6 years, and will be getting my BS next year, but I still need to take the test. Minimum is 79 on internet-based test or 550 on paper-based test.

If you have you BS degree by the time you apply or have been in US for more than 6 years, you do not need the test. But in your case, I think you have to. I just took the test in July.

Good luck.

smallkitty00 said:
Yes, you do. I am a permanent resident here, graduated High school here, been here almost 6 years, and will be getting my BS next year, but I still need to take the test. Minimum is 79 on internet-based test or 550 on paper-based test.

If you have you BS degree by the time you apply or have been in US for more than 6 years, you do not need the test. But in your case, I think you have to. I just took the test in July.

Good luck.
aww man... that sucks... even tho i passed it 2 yr ago already, i got 580 paper-based... but it's gonna take me time and again money...
Anywayz... Thx ;)

BABY_GHOST said:
aww man... that sucks... even tho i passed it 2 yr ago already, i got 580 paper-based... but it's gonna take me time and again money...
Anywayz... Thx ;)

Yes, I took mine in 2003, got 600, and still have to retake it. However, the new test is extremely easy, but you have to wait for 15 days to see your score online, and another 10 days for Pharmcas or your specific school to see it. So, I think if you take the test on Oct 14th, you should discuss this issue with each specific school. Pharmcas deadline is November 1st.

Best!

smallkitty00 said:
Yes, I took mine in 2003, got 600, and still have to retake it. However, the new test is extremely easy, but you have to wait for 15 days to see your score online, and another 10 days for Pharmcas or your specific school to see it. So, I think if you take the test on Oct 14th, you should discuss this issue with each specific school. Pharmcas deadline is November 1st.

Best!
:eek: Are u for real???? I thought the score will be available after like 2 weeks.... So for WesternU, can we discuss this with them??? That's the earliest test I can take, all others are full... Btw, ur the first one to tell me that the new version is easy :D my friend told me it was hard... Anywayz... wut should i do now :(( freaked out

BABY_GHOST said:
:eek: Are u for real???? I thought the score will be available after like 2 weeks.... So for WesternU, can we discuss this with them??? That's the earliest test I can take, all others are full... Btw, ur the first one to tell me that the new version is easy :D my friend told me it was hard... Anywayz... wut should i do now :(( freaked out

Yes, they say score will be available for YOU in two weeks. Mine took longer; I took the test on July 15th, score was up on August 3rd. And then, pharmcas received on August 10th. I know, I registered in May for my July test. Try to to see if you can take it at another (maybe further) location. You might be lucky. If you take the September test, you're good to go.

For Western, go to westernu.edu and email the admission office. When I asked, they told me that EVERYTHING has to be received by November 1st, including Toefl. But, you can try.

Good luck! (to both of us) :D

smallkitty00 said:
Yes, they say score will be available for YOU in two weeks. Mine took longer; I took the test on July 15th, score was up on August 3rd. And then, pharmcas received on August 10th. I know, I registered in May for my July test. Try to to see if you can take it at another (maybe further) location. You might be lucky. If you take the September test, you're good to go.

For Western, go to westernu.edu and email the admission office. When I asked, they told me that EVERYTHING has to be received by November 1st, including Toefl. But, you can try.

Good luck! (to both of us) :D

Awww man, i'm really confused now. I tried all the location, the earliest I can get is Oct 14 and I already signed up for it. I called them the other day and that's wut they told me too : EVERYTHING must be received by Nov1. But after you told me, I called them this morning and this is wut i get : Yea, As long as ur application arrived b4 Nov1, we can wait for your Toefl and review your application. :eek: So... Wut should I expect ??? :scared:
Thx kitty :D u've been helping me a lot lately...

smallkitty00 said:
Thanks. Did yo get accepted and go to Western?

Hey. I'm still on the waitlist. I messed up my interview. :/
NEwayz..I'm in the process of reapplying.

Good luck to you!

Swanchick84 said:
Hey. I'm still on the waitlist. I messed up my interview. :/
NEwayz..I'm in the process of reapplying.

Good luck to you!

Thanks!!!

To Baby-Ghost: Try calling or emailing them again to make sure. Good luck!

Awww man, i'm really confused now. I tried all the location, the earliest I can get is Oct 14 and I already signed up for it. I called them the other day and that's wut they told me too : EVERYTHING must be received by Nov1. But after you told me, I called them this morning and this is wut i get : Yea, As long as ur application arrived b4 Nov1, we can wait for your Toefl and review your application. :eek: So... Wut should I expect ??? :scared:
Thx kitty :D u've been helping me a lot lately...

Where do you live? If you live in California, take the test in Nevada or Northern California. I drove 4 hours from LA to Vegas just to take TOEFL since everywhere in Southern Cali is full. Find the closest state from your area if you need to.