-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western Carolina Acceptance
Started by Kismet426
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got an "alternate" e-mail. I called and talked to Dr. Watson. He said I'm at the top of the alternate list and I could "expect" to get admitted.
So I think I will get in. Just not today. Congrats to those that don't have to wait. If you are declining their admission, please do it as soon as possible... for me. 🙂
So I think I will get in. Just not today. Congrats to those that don't have to wait. If you are declining their admission, please do it as soon as possible... for me. 🙂
I received the acceptance. It's my top choice because of the location ( I love love LOVE the mountains) and the affordable out of state tuition. Plus, their new building was awesome, in my opinion. And I like the small class size. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but I don't think I mind that. I'm overjoyed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you heard anything about when we'll know whether if we are eligible for graduate assistantship?
Krismet426- not sure exactly what you mean, it is 33 months long, like almost every other programI looked at. I just accepted, mostly due to the amazing value the school offers compared to other programs I was admitted to, especially Duke which was one of my choices. I'll save over $100,000 over the length of the program. already live in Cullowhee, so I'm pretty used to not having everything within a short drive. If you need a mall, don't come here!
Last edited:
Have you heard anything about when we'll know whether if we are eligible for graduate assistantship?
I wouldn't wait to contact them. I am sure they would be willing to discuss the GA position before you have sent in the deposit, especially if you fee you had a strong application. If your decision is dependent on the GA position, I would tell them now, as they may be more willing to deal with you right away to get you to come.
@pediatricwannab - "it's the longest DPT program I applied to".... not sure what you don't understand about that? All the programs you applied to where about the same length... mine were significantly shorter... I.e. WCU is the longest program I applied to.
You live in the state so you'll be saving a lot of money....that doesn't necessarily apply to the rest of us.
"If you need a mall, don't come here" ..??? Bc I put so much emphasis on needing a mall in my post?
Also I did ask about getting the info about GA, out of tuition waiver, etc before committing & they said they won't give out any info without first getting the deposit
You live in the state so you'll be saving a lot of money....that doesn't necessarily apply to the rest of us.
"If you need a mall, don't come here" ..??? Bc I put so much emphasis on needing a mall in my post?
Also I did ask about getting the info about GA, out of tuition waiver, etc before committing & they said they won't give out any info without first getting the deposit
When I got the acceptance email, Dr. Watson said something about accepting the position in Apply Yourself. Every time I check my status there, all it says is that my application is "ready for review". Have any of you been able to accept the position through this website?
When I got the acceptance email, Dr. Watson said something about accepting the position in Apply Yourself. Every time I check my status there, all it says is that my application is "ready for review". Have any of you been able to accept the position through this website?
Naturally, mere hours after I ask this question, I get an email saying my acceptance info is available. haha! They must be catching up on paperwork today.
Kismet426 - He was being facetious about the mall. He was only trying to get across the point that aside from hole in the wall restaurants and outdoor activities, there is not much to do in Cullowhee.
Finally, they probably didn't "negotiate" GA positions before the deposit, because that tells them you're not very committed to going (Why negotiate a GA position with someone they don't even know will be attending?).
Finally, they probably didn't "negotiate" GA positions before the deposit, because that tells them you're not very committed to going (Why negotiate a GA position with someone they don't even know will be attending?).
Has anybody gotten in off the alternate list?
Has anybody gotten in off the alternate list?
I just got in today. I was number 2 or 3 (I think 2) on the alternate list though.
I was told I was in the top third of the wait list, but they would not disclose how many people were on the list. Did anyone hear how many are on the list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told I was in the top third of the wait list, but they would not disclose how many people were on the list. Did anyone hear how many are on the list?
I looked up the facebook group, but couldn't find it. Can you post the link?
I was curious why nobody was joining! Here is the link, let me know if it still does not work.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcudpt2016/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcudpt2016/