Western Carolina University Class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoopchicksw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into Western Carolina's DPT program to graduate in 2015, and I was wondering if any of my future classmates were on this board!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a fellow classmate! I would love to get up with you to discuss what your experience is so far. I am getting nervous since I accepted the offer, gave up my spot at a different school, and I have still not heard anything back from Western. I was told my spot was secure and to wait to hear something in the "near future".

Hello! I was beginning to wonder if I was by myself! All that I have heard from Western is that they received my financial aid information...otherwise, I'm as in the dark as you. I'm from a city that is 45 minutes away from there, and I went to an open house they had in the Fall. The teachers all seemed very nice, and their pass rates are exemplary. I have a feeling that they are waiting to receive our final transcripts and proof that we graduated before we do anything else. At least, I'm hoping that's what happens. I've checked my email from them (you can find out how to access that from your acceptance window online from the same page you sent your application in..https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=wcu-grad). We all take the same classes, so registration should be relatively simple compared to undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like we are the same. I guess I should just relaxed. Just made me nervous since I gave up my seat at another school already. I was worried I was going to end up with no seat at all. I was already registered and everything for the other school so it just seems strange that Western hasn't started that process yet.

I went for a private tour after I got accepted and liked it very much. It will be nice to stay in NC, even though I will still about 8 hours away from where my family is. Are you going to live close to campus or commute the 45 mins?

Hey! I'm going to WCU's DPT program also. I called them and was told we'd be contacted this summer to register for classes. Have either of you seen the new health and human science building? I think that's where our classes are supposed to be held.

Hi! I'm interviewing at WCU December 8! How did your first semester there go? I believe this is WCU's first time interviewing, but do any of you have any tips about what they might ask or what they want to see in applicants?