Western COMP c/o 2012 Waitlisters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellinopedo182

Deleted User
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how many others are waitlisted at Western and eager to get off the list? I am one of them, hopefully others can post on this thread about anything that has to do with COMP and the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

still here waiting right with you man :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got into my top choice so I will be giving up my seat at Western/COMP as soon as I receive confirmation that I've secured my spot. Good luck!

I will also be withdrawing as soon as my deposit to my top choice goes through. Don't worry guys!!

Hang in there guys! Hopefully you'll hear the good news soon. You still have plenty of time left before orientation, so anything can happen.

thanks, we have been hanging in there, hopefully not for too long soon. as far as last year, i noticed waitlisters started getting off the list around mid first week of June, so hopefully we are getting close to that point this year.

Thanks to the others that dropped or going to drop, congrats on your recent acceptances.

Yea.. G-d bless those who are dropping and have gotten their top choices.. Makes us waitlisters somewhat more at ease...

i noticed that the waitlist started to move the first few days of June last season, and knowing that there have been at least 5 that have dropped their seats here on SDN in the past few weeks, I would hope that the waitlist may start moving VERY SOON.

its Monday!!!

I'm impressed with your perseverance. I think you deserve an honorary acceptance, simply due to persistence and clear preference for Western.

I'll grab a picket sign and head on over to 2nd street for ya'...

I'm impressed with your perseverance. I think you deserve an honorary acceptance, simply due to persistence and clear preference for Western.

I'll grab a picket sign and head on over to 2nd street for ya'...

This may be a shocker to most on SDN, but COMP is my first choice! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a shocker to most on SDN, but COMP is my first choice! :)
Hey, no shock to me. I gave up several acceptances for COMP, so obviously it's my first choice, too!

Good luck, and hopefully we'll be classmates in the fall!

Kalí tíhi!

Hey, no shock to me. I gave up several acceptances for COMP, so obviously it's my first choice, too!

Good luck, and hopefully we'll be classmates in the fall!

Kalí tíhi!

Ευχαριστώ φιλε, ελπίζω να είμαστε συμμαθητές του χρόνου.

you may need to google translate that ;)

Ευχαριστώ φιλε, ελπίζω να είμαστε συμμαθητές του χρόνου.

you may need to google translate that ;)

Θα κάνω καθώς επίσης και μπορώ να κάνω.:idea:

Last edited:
Θα κάνω καθώς επίσης και μπορώ να κάνω.:idea:

good old google and their literal translations... literal. :)

great news yall...one more spot will be opening up in a couple days!! :)
I was just accepted to my top choice, and as soon as the deposit clears I'll withdraw from Western (and beg them to give my $2k to one of yall, lol).

THANK YOU! I wonder why comp is always the last schools to start the waitlist movement, judging from previous years. OH well, i could care less as long as i get in.

I wonder why comp is always the last schools to start the waitlist movement, judging from previous years. OH well, i could care less as long as i get in.

I don't know if it would have anything to do with it, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that we're still in school?

Anyway, good luck with the waitlist. Are you a "high" waitlister? If you are, there's a pretty good chance you'll get accepted. Last year, when I was sitting on the waitlist, they had a handful of spots open up, and they sent out acceptance letters to (I believe) all of the people remaining in high waitlist status, and getting a spot in the class was first-come, first-serve.

I don't know if it would have anything to do with it, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that we're still in school?

Anyway, good luck with the waitlist. Are you a "high" waitlister? If you are, there's a pretty good chance you'll get accepted. Last year, when I was sitting on the waitlist, they had a handful of spots open up, and they sent out acceptance letters to (I believe) all of the people remaining in high waitlist status, and getting a spot in the class was first-come, first-serve.

I have no idea if I am on a high waitlist or not. I have not seen any waitlister this year state whether they are or not, but I had seen that last year they were putting people in groups (high low etc).

I know many people have said that they will withdraw once their deposits go through in their top choices.. but my question is... has anybody actually withdrawn yet? Or are your deposits still pending at your top choices?

Thanks..

Okay so I just called to ask about my financial aid and they just told me that the class was full when they recieved my deposit which was sent the day of my acceptence btw...and now I am accepted to the class of 2009 unless spots open up this year. And there has also not been that much movement. No-where did I get a call informing me of this situation. I quit my job, withdrew at another school already, am getting ready to move!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone else in this situation?

I talked to the director yesterday and she had told me that only 2 people have withdrew so far... I wonder what is happening. It seems like a lot of are withdrawing. Are they (admin) just not aware of this?

I talked to the director yesterday and she had told me that only 2 people have withdrew so far... I wonder what is happening. It seems like a lot of are withdrawing. Are they (admin) just not aware of this?

Its probably from the last adcom meeting. More people probably withdrew after adcom met. Adcom usually meets and they decided who gets of the wait list. They probably meant two people got off the waitlist.

thanks for the update guys. Still having my fingers crossed although things are looking more grim with all these recent news. :(

Its probably from the last adcom meeting. More people probably withdrew after adcom met. Adcom usually meets and they decided who gets of the wait list. They probably meant two people got off the waitlist.

that sounds better. :) i hope I still have a chance.

so i guess no one heard anything yet, i feel like we may have to wait another week lol.

whats going on? Anybody call/hear anything from admissions? When's this waitlist gonna start moving??

Is it gonna move?

Just for kicks, these are the statistics that were given to us by the Dean for the incoming class:

3200 Applications
817 considered to be "qualified"
567 Interviewed
Class size 206-222

3.49 GPA
9+ in each MCAT section

If I recall correctly, last year things started really moving after June 15.
There will be a "chain-reaction" process, and we see it happening already here... some people will give up their spots at Western as they get accepted to their "first-choice" schools, and things will start to move after that.

Good luck everyone!
I hope to see you next year.

Just for kicks, these are the statistics that were given to us by the Dean for the incoming class:

3200 Applications
817 considered to be "qualified"
567 Interviewed
Class size 206-222

3.49 GPA
9+ in each MCAT section

If I recall correctly, last year things started really moving after June 15.
There will be a "chain-reaction" process, and we see it happening already here... some people will give up their spots at Western as they get accepted to their "first-choice" schools, and things will start to move after that.

Good luck everyone!
I hope to see you next year.

wow, their stats are great!

oops crap wrong thread lol

HEy Guys.. I got accepted off the waitlist a few days ago.. it should start moving favorably in the next week (I assume)...

Good luck to all you, I hope it works out for everyone...

HEy Guys.. I got accepted off the waitlist a few days ago.. it should start moving favorably in the next week (I assume)...

Good luck to all you, I hope it works out for everyone...

Congrats!! I'm still really hoping to get off their waitlist. Did you send them a LOI after being waitlisted? Did they notify you by phone? email? standard mail?