Western/COMP Class of 2015!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoraMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I searched for this thread but haven't found one yet, so here it is!
I thought it would be nice to get to know each other before school starts!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and good luck to the rest of you still in the process of being accepted! :)

Go, Class of 2015!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats to everybody!!!!

I am excited to meet my new classmates!!!

:D:D:D:D

Yay!!! Congrats kgelfen!!

Where are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the acceptance letter today. western was my first choice and i am 99.9 percent sure i will be matriculating. nice to meet you all!

Congratulations knawmean!! Welcome to the club!! :)

Yay!!! Congrats kgelfen!!

Where are you from?

I am from Seattle WA.

I just went to the interview at NSU (South Florida). Its a really nice school too, but i am set on Western, the only reason i went was because i had the plane tickets and just to get more experience....

Anyway its exciting i am going to send in my deposit to Western.

Someone needs to make facebook page and get people on it, i am sure there is more then 3 people accepted !!! LOL

I am from Seattle WA.

I just went to the interview at NSU (South Florida). Its a really nice school too, but i am set on Western, the only reason i went was because i had the plane tickets and just to get more experience....

Anyway its exciting i am going to send in my deposit to Western.

Someone needs to make facebook page and get people on it, i am sure there is more then 3 people accepted !!! LOL

Agree with you, a facebook page needs to be created! ;)

I emailed the professor of the class, Dr. Craig Kuehn ([email protected]) and asked him to hold me a spot, and he put my name on some list to guarantee me a spot in the program. If you are serious about taking it, I suggest you do the same before it fills up :)

Just got the news this morning! I will be joining you guys! I just tried to join the FB group as well.

I want to do ISAC (I think, if thats the anatomy one) but I dont qualify. Dont you need a 3.5+ or something?

Just payed my second deposit! I'll be seeing you all in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to do ISAC, but not sure how the process works. Is there an application that we need to submit? And do you know when the program will start?

You can just email Dr. Craig Kuehn and tell him you're interested in the program and he'll let you know if you are eligible. It starts June 13th and ends July 29th.

Just got the news this morning! I will be joining you guys! I just tried to join the FB group as well.

I want to do ISAC (I think, if thats the anatomy one) but I dont qualify. Dont you need a 3.5+ or something?

Yes, ISAC is the anatomy one. I believe Dr. Kuehn said you should be fine with a gpa 3.2+.

Just payed my second deposit! I'll be seeing you all in the fall!

Congrats to everyone! Look forward to seeing all of you!! :)

Congrats jl13 and myserendipity!!

You can just email Dr. Craig Kuehn and tell him you're interested in the program and he'll let you know if you are eligible. It starts June 13th and ends July 29th.

Yes, ISAC is the anatomy one. I believe Dr. Kuehn said you should be fine with a gpa 3.2+.

Congrats jl13 and myserendipity!!

Thanks BoraMD! When is everyone planning on relocating and where is everyone planning on living? I'll start...I'm from San Jose, CA so the move down to Pomona is not that bad. I do plan on looking for a place in late june or July and then move there before orientation starts. I think i'll probably look around the Chino Hills/chino area since a current student said it was close to asian communities - I'd like to get my cravings for asian food satisfied. :)

Last edited:
Thanks BoraMD! When is everyone planning on relocating and where is everyone planning on living? I'll start...I'm from San Jose, CA so the move down to Pomona is not that bad. I do plan on looking for a place in late june or July and then move there before orientation starts. I think i'll probably look around the Chino Hills/chino area since a current student said it was close to asian communities - I'd like to get my cravings for asian food satisfied. :)

Sure, no problem!
I'm from San Diego, so even closer to Pomona! I'll probably move around May/early June since I will be doing ISAC in the summer. For now, I'm debating between Diamond Bar and Chino Hills. Still comparing both areas...

I think i'll probably look around the Chino Hills/chino area since a current student said it was close to asian communities - I'd like to get my cravings for asian food satisfied. :)

I meant that it was closer, haha. There is a 99ranch in Chino though (Taiwanese supermarket).

Most Asian food will be located around or on Colima Road in Rowland Heights. You'll still have to drive there, but it'll be easier than driving from Claremont.

I meant that it was closer, haha. There is a 99ranch in Chino though (Taiwanese supermarket).

Most Asian food will be located around or on Colima Road in Rowland Heights. You'll still have to drive there, but it'll be easier than driving from Claremont.

Hi again Cheshyre...ah ok, closer is still better, haha. I'm familiar with ranch 99 supermarkets; there's one in milpitas. Still looking around for some affordable housing for a studio so we'll see where I end up.

has anyone that email Dr. Kuehn actually heard back from him?

Hey guys! I can't really find a list of required immunizations on the Western website..

can anyone help me on this?

Hey guys! I can't really find a list of required immunizations on the Western website..

can anyone help me on this?

Once they recieve your first deposit you will receive an email with a link with all of this info.

so for the background check thru "student check" we do the background check only or the one with drug test?

does anyone know how many tickets we get for the white coat ceremony. I think I remember reading somewhere that its two tix, which won't get me anywhere :scared:

Hey, does anyone have the academic calendar for this coming year or have they posted it?

Would be realllly handy to know when the first day of classes is :laugh:

does anyone know how many tickets we get for the white coat ceremony. I think I remember reading somewhere that its two tix, which won't get me anywhere :scared:

Based on last year's page: http://www.westernu.edu/students-new-welcome
Students get 3 tickets, not 2. From what current students tell me, people will sell their extra tickets if they happen to not need all 3.

Hey, does anyone have the academic calendar for this coming year or have they posted it?

Would be realllly handy to know when the first day of classes is :laugh:

first day of class is Monday- Aug 8th, but the entire week before will be orientation week.

Hello! I am one of the COMP-NW students and will be participating in ISAC this summer. I am wondering if any of you guys who are doing ISAC will have any room for an extra roommate this summer? I don't really know how else to go about housing for a 6 week time span...plus it would be cool to have a built in study buddy :)

Any one here have any recommendations on ISAC vs SMSPP for a student who has not previously taken anatomy?

I know it says anatomy is a requirement but I inquired and he said it's not actually a requirement so it's still viable for me.

So...any recommendations?

Just received my acceptance letter yesterday. See you guys in August! :D

And if anyone is looking for a roommate for next year, feel free to send me a message. I'll be coming down from the bay area. :cool:

Hi everyone. I'm planning to take ISAC in the summer. I'm looking for a roommate to share an apartment with for the summer and the rest of the school year. I'm thinking about living in claremont.Text me if you're looking for a roommate too. Looking forward to see everyone :)

Hello everyone, and congratulation to everyone that has already been accepted into COMP. I unfortunately have not recieved any response from them just yet, so I was wondering if I should still have my hopes up. I have applied a few months back and havent heard anything from them yet. Anyone else in my situation?

Paid my deposit today. It's official. Super excited!!!! Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall. Coming from Laie, HI. Hope to get my feet wet once a month in the cold waters of California. Any other surfers??? Aloha!

Hello All,

First of all, I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance to Western. You are about to embark on a crazy, fun, and exciting journey!:)

I am currently a fourth year and about to graduate in May. If anyone is looking for a place to live, we have a very nice 3 bedroom/2 bath house with a large backyard that we are looking to rent out for the next school year. It's about a 15 minute drive to to school in a very nice and safe neighborhood in Ontario. It is right off of Euclid and about 1.5 miles from the 10 freeway. If you are interested, please PM me, and I can send you pictures.

Again congratulations, and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I'm a current first-year and I thought I'd chime in on the number of tickets allotted per student for the white coat ceremony. First off, you'll get full instructions during orientation and things may be different for you guys.

So there's actually two ceremonies that happen that day: 1) the convocation and 2) the white coat itself. They're strict about the number of people that attend the convocation (because it's all of the programs in the school and the room gets packed), but not so much with the white coat (because it's only the DO program).

At our white coat (note: not the convocation) last summer, tickets were hardly checked at the door. If I wanted, I could have asked five more family / friends to attend and they wouldn't have had a problem. There were lots of empty seats in the room.

My advice: skip the convocation (it's pointless, really) and don't be hesitant to bring extra people to the white coat. Of course, things may be different for your class, so be cognizant of that.

I'm a current first-year and I thought I'd chime in on the number of tickets allotted per student for the white coat ceremony. First off, you'll get full instructions during orientation and things may be different for you guys.

So there's actually two ceremonies that happen that day: 1) the convocation and 2) the white coat itself. They're strict about the number of people that attend the convocation (because it's all of the programs in the school and the room gets packed), but not so much with the white coat (because it's only the DO program).

At our white coat (note: not the convocation) last summer, tickets were hardly checked at the door. If I wanted, I could have asked five more family / friends to attend and they wouldn't have had a problem. There were lots of empty seats in the room.

My advice: skip the convocation (it's pointless, really) and don't be hesitant to bring extra people to the white coat. Of course, things may be different for your class, so be cognizant of that.

Thank you for the info, cuz I'm already stressing over the white coat ceremony since I have a large group of people that need to attend. What exactly happens during the convocation if you don't mind me asking? thnx

Hi everyone, and congrats to all of you who got accepted! Can't wait to meet you all!

So I just got the email regarding ISAC this summer and am not sure yet whether I really want to participate in the program... Can any current students share their ideas on ISAC, whether they participated in it or not? How is it being a facilitator? Do projects (prosections) take a lot of your time during the normal school year? And how much is ISAC? I guess what I'm really trying to find out is if it's REALLY worth it (whether it helps a lot during the first semester) or if it's just a little plus.

The main reason I was interested in doing ISAC initially is that I've been out of school for a few years and thought it would be a good way to get back in the groove before med school really starts.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hello future Classmates !
Wow what a journey:). Just paid my deposit---Western COMP was my first choice, hence absolutely thrilled ....I will be relocating from NC, gearing for the big change:D.

I'm starting school this August and am looking for an apartment and a roommate. Please PM me if you are interested.