Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, did that... Still doesn't work. I guess I have to call in jan

My e-mail log in stuff didn't work either. I called them a few weeks and they told me my e-mail hadn't been activated yet since I hadn't pay my deposit. But if people's worked without paying the deposit I guess we gotta figure out whats wrong.

Speaking of deposit, I sent mine out on the 17th via certified mail with a return receipt. I got the return receipt back so I figure they must have gotten the deposit but when I called/e-mailed I got the same message that they are out til the 2nd. Should be fine I think?

Members don't see this ad.

Happy Holidays Everybody!!!

Anybody have an interview on Jan 12?

My e-mail log in stuff didn't work either. I called them a few weeks and they told me my e-mail hadn't been activated yet since I hadn't pay my deposit. But if people's worked without paying the deposit I guess we gotta figure out whats wrong.

Speaking of deposit, I sent mine out on the 17th via certified mail with a return receipt. I got the return receipt back so I figure they must have gotten the deposit but when I called/e-mailed I got the same message that they are out til the 2nd. Should be fine I think?
What web browser are you using? Once I switched from chrome to Firefox the email worked.

Members don't see this ad :)
What web browser are you using? Once I switched from chrome to Firefox the email worked.
I think I tried using all the different browsers on a mac and pc back then and none of them worked. I just checked again today using chrome on my mac and it worked. I guess they just took some time to activate some accounts

Last edited:
Happy holidays everyone :)

Oh Western, why do you hate me so? I send update letters and new LORs.. still you remain silent. I know in my heart that if we were to meet, the feelings exchanged would be magical. Must I profess my love for you? Let me count the ways....

Oh Western, why do you hate me so? I send update letters and new LORs.. still you remain silent. I know in my heart that if we were to meet, the feelings exchanged would be magical. Must I profess my love for you? Let me count the ways....

Join the club lol. Western has been silent to me as well....

I'm even shadowing with one of their doctors who does the OMM rotation with the 3rd years!

ugh

Join the club lol. Western has been silent to me as well....

I'm even shadowing with one of their doctors who does the OMM rotation with the 3rd years!

ugh

I thought I was alone... I have a good feeling about the next few weeks though!

I'm not sure actually. I know it's an all day course. Prob 8-5 or 8-4. Prob gonna be studying till 8 anyway lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a facebook group of accepted students yet? I haven't been able to find any for the class of 2016.

Hi guys
just wondering, for the 4 question prompts, what's the word limit? is it 1 page in total or 1 page for each question? double/single spaced. If anyone can give me a approx, that would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi guys
just wondering, for the 4 question prompts, what's the word limit? is it 1 page in total or 1 page for each question? double/single spaced. If anyone can give me a approx, that would be appreciated! Thanks

1 page per question is the limit.

Anybody have an interview coming up this Thursday 1/12???

Hi, I have an interview at Western on Jan 28. I have been scouring SDN to find a thread that gives some insight into what the interviews are like and what the interviewees were asked.

If I have missed the threads that cover this I'm sorry. Please point me in the right direction if you can.

Thanks a ton.

Hi, I have an interview at Western on Jan 28. I have been scouring SDN to find a thread that gives some insight into what the interviews are like and what the interviewees were asked.

If I have missed the threads that cover this I'm sorry. Please point me in the right direction if you can.

Thanks a ton.

Students this year signed a confidentiality form for the MMI portion of the interview. So it isn't the brightest idea to go around, on a public forum, sharing what went down at those stations. For the panel interview itself, it's always the typical questions any med school would ask: why medicine, why you, why DO, why were your grades/MCAT low, ect ect. I haven't seen anyone get sprung "gotcha" questions about current events, opinions on world development or whatever. I feel that in general, the interviewers have some leeway in what they want to ask. Also, not all interviewers are from the osteopathic field. Some are professors from other colleges under Western's banner.

Thanks a ton.

Like the person above me, I can't speak too much on the subject of MMI at Western. But, there should be plenty of information on how other schools have used it. Maybe that can help. My panel interview was pretty casual, one PhD and one student. It's closed file, so the interviewers don't know much about you, if anything at all. Be prepared to answer typical interview questions, but with some detail. My interviews asked 4-5 follow-up questions on each of my answers. Other than that, the 30 minutes flew by, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I haven't seen anyone get sprung "gotcha" questions about current events, opinions on world development or whatever.

Why did I get reminded of these clips :shrug:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UId_Pis4x2k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_dfqJP-vQE[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone know if Western is still sending out interview invites? I have been complete with them since early December and am getting anxious for a reply.

i don't officially know, but i think they should still be offering invites. last cycle they interviewed all the way up until early march.

I was talking with one of the adcoms from the Lebanon campus last week at an osteopathic premed meeting, and he said that the Lebanon campus was about 70%full for the new class. He did not mention the Pomona campus.

Who knows how many of those will drop due to being accepted at other schools. However, the tuition deposit would be a small incentive to not switch at the last minute.

dsoz

Anyone interviewing here on Feb. 2nd? I got my invite earlier this week. Number one school! :D

gah! interviewed 1/12...anxiously waiting for the letters to come out! good luck to all of you!!! =)

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SO EXCITED AND HAPPY RIGHT NOW. DREAM COME TRUE. LIKE THE OTHER POSTER SAID, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE! :luck: WESTERNU/COMP IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL

Thanks! Nope, I did not. I think the letters went out today or will go out tomorrow. I actually called the admissions office to ask about my status because I received an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck to you though!

Thanks! Nope, I did not. I think the letters went out today or will go out tomorrow. I actually called the admissions office to ask about my status because I received an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck to you though!

congrats!!! =) ahhh! I was so sad that I didn't get a letter in the mail today, but I will definitely stalk the mail carrier tomorrow! :luck: to everybody! Did you just call your admission counselor?

complete since early november. called robin last week for a status update and my application is 'still with the committee' :thumbup: taking it as good news

really hoping for a western invite:) close to home, research opportunities, and solid rotations.
in any case, i must say western's admissions office has been really helpful and super friendly.

congrats!!! =) ahhh! I was so sad that I didn't get a letter in the mail today, but I will definitely stalk the mail carrier tomorrow! :luck: to everybody! Did you just call your admission counselor?

ahhhh, I know how nerve-racking it is to wait!!!! good luck to you :xf:! I did call my admissions counselor and emailed her a copy of my acceptance letter from another school which required a deposit soon, so that's why they informed me over the phone.

congrats!! maybe i'll see u there in the fall :xf: been checking my phone and email incessantly for an invite

ahhhh, I know how nerve-racking it is to wait!!!! good luck to you :xf:! I did call my admissions counselor and emailed her a copy of my acceptance letter from another school which required a deposit soon, so that's why they informed me over the phone.

Ah! I'm in the same situation. I interviewed Jan 12th, called the admission office and they said that they can't release information on that date until next week. When did you interview? In either case....good luck in school and I am hoping everybody hears good news soon =).

Lameee... got an email from Robin saying that I'm no longer being considered for an interview (i.e. rejection). Probably due to my below average GPA. I guess my MCAT couldn't save me this time!

Lucky LPB, I'm soooo jelly.

Oh well, AZCOM #2 it is for me! I'll catch you guys in the Osteo forum next year ;)

Awww that sucks Wily!! I was rooting for you. Was hoping we'd see you at western. You seem like a cool dude. Oh well... You'll do great at AZCOM. I never even got an interview there. Good luck!!

Congrats on the acceptances! Can't wait to finally see this school.

Sorry to hear about the email DrWily. At least you'll be able to come back to LA in two years!

Ah! I'm in the same situation. I interviewed Jan 12th, called the admission office and they said that they can't release information on that date until next week. When did you interview? In either case....good luck in school and I am hoping everybody hears good news soon =).

ohhh so my situation is a bit out of the ordinary. i actually interviewed back in november, but my file was placed on post-interview hold because westernu wanted to see my fall grades from the program i am currently enrolled in. after i submitted my semester grades, they made a final decision on my application and i was accepted!

Congrats on the acceptances! Can't wait to finally see this school.

Sorry to hear about the email DrWily. At least you'll be able to come back to LA in two years!

would you mind sharing what interview date(s) you were offered? trying to get an idea of how far Western has booked interviews

would you mind sharing what interview date(s) you were offered? trying to get an idea of how far Western has booked interviews

Yeah, no problem. I was offered 1/28 or 2/2. Opted for the 2/2 interview.

I'm interviewing tomorrow! Coming from Jersey and staying at the Shilo Inn Hotel tonight. Anybody else staying there?