western/comp interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, i have an interview at western tomorrow and can't seem to find how long the day usually lasts or what the general schedule is. can anybody who's interviewed there fill me in. i know i'm supposed to get there at 8:30 and that breakfast is provided but that's all i've gathered so far. are we there a half day or a full day? are interviews before or after the tour? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

seems likes you have morning interview, so it will be a half day for you.......interview first, then meet up with the afternoon group and have a tour... by the way, I am going to Western for the class of 2010!!

exlawgrrl said:
okay, i have an interview at western tomorrow and can't seem to find how long the day usually lasts or what the general schedule is. can anybody who's interviewed there fill me in. i know i'm supposed to get there at 8:30 and that breakfast is provided but that's all i've gathered so far. are we there a half day or a full day? are interviews before or after the tour? thanks!

when i went for my morning interview, breakfast was NOT served!! lunch was. you'll get there and they'll offer you a bottle of water or soda from their bookstore. after that, someone will take you from the admissions office to wait for your 2 on 1, 1/2 hour interview (all of the morning interviewees had the same 2 interviewers). after the interviews, you'll get the school presentations on curriculum, financial aid, etc. then comes lunch with current students followed by the tour. you'll be done by 2. hope that helps... good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys! i didn't even know that they had both morning and afternoon interviews. i'll be sure to eat breakfast, too.

gogo, what about comp impressed you so much as to choose it over other schools? just curious for your insight.

location, i am from NorCal; curriculum is revised and improved; many closely affiliated hospitals in the region for rotation; better and excellent match list compared to TUCOM-MI; lastly, reputation, been estalished for awhile, many alumni in CA

Hey, exlaw, I had the afternoon interview, but the morning interviewees get to leave around 1pm. You basically interview in the morning, meet up with afternoon interviewees for lunch, tour, faculty talks... then you can leave. Best of luck.

exlawgrrl said:

Hi exlawgrrl,

How was the interview at COMP?

exlawgrrl said:
it was very chill. in fact, i can't imagine having a more laid back interview. overall, it was a positive experience.

I have an email from them saying that I have been selected for the interview, and needs to call to schedule it. I have not even completed my secondary or LORs for them, is it normal to get interview invite before them?

Second question: I called this lady Crystal and left a message earlier this week but she has not replied yet, how long does it take for them to schedule it? It sucks because otherwise the airtickets gonna smack me unless they temme something soon...gahhh...

rain1_rain1 said:
I have an email from them saying that I have been selected for the interview, and needs to call to schedule it. I have not even completed my secondary or LORs for them, is it normal to get interview invite before them?

Second question: I called this lady Crystal and left a message earlier this week but she has not replied yet, how long does it take for them to schedule it? It sucks because otherwise the airtickets gonna smack me unless they temme something soon...gahhh...

Getting the interview invite before secondary request is a good sign. As for your second question: if you havent recieved a call back by the one week mark, I'd go ahead and call again. The admin office is really personable and will work with you on a date that works best for you, so I wouldnt worry much about travel arrangements.

If you haven't been called back, I'd call again without question. Especially if you need to buy plane tickets. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the admissions office there. BTW, I'm a OMS-I at western and I love it so far. great place, great profs, great students.

akraz13 said:
If you haven't been called back, I'd call again without question. Especially if you need to buy plane tickets. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the admissions office there. BTW, I'm a OMS-I at western and I love it so far. great place, great profs, great students.

Call them for sure. They are very nice in terms of helping out applicants.

Just wondering how the questions in the interview were for Western? Anything compleatly unexpected? I interview there on Thursday.

Last edited:
i didn't get any unexpected questions. the school does seem to emphasize the whole osteopathic holistic medicine thing, so be prepared to have a strong answer about why osteopathic medicine. also, have some basic knowledge of health problems today.

as for the interview invitation, i received mine through email.

nothing unexpected (well, not for me anyway). just questions about my motivations, my EC's, my dad (who is an MD) and what he would think if i went DO, if i applied MD and DO and if so, why. i think the only thing that almost threw me for a loop was a question about the use of medical marijuana but i was asked that in one of my mock interviews so i was ready. good luck nothing to stress about...