Western - Helix Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Helix apartments at Western. I think I had heard someone say that noise travels a lot throughout the apts. Any info on this?

I'm having a hard browsing for apartments since I'm not sure where the better/worse areas surrounding the school are. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard about the noise issue yet, but my friend is going to Western now, I'll ask her for you. You are searching for apartments so I'm guessing you have been accepted..right? How did they inform you first? Email then letter by mail? pls let me because I'm applying there too. thanks

thanks for your reply bobo. Yes, I was accepted by a letter - regular mail. It took them a few more days than they said it would, just about two weeks. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance today thru email. :)

I have not heard about the noise issue yet, but my friend is going to Western now, I'll ask her for you. You are searching for apartments so I'm guessing you have been accepted..right? How did they inform you first? Email then letter by mail? pls let me because I'm applying there too. thanks

I heard about the noise issue too from nearby trains. Can you keep us all posted once your friend goes to visit?? Thanks!

trains? oh no. i thought neighbors would be bad, but trains would be annoying as well.

Congratulations bobo!

trains? oh no. i thought neighbors would be bad, but trains would be annoying as well.

When I took a tour two weeks ago, the train was very loud. The student tour guide said that it comes every 30 minutes. But they have learned to ignore it.

Are there still housing available at the Helix? I was under the impression that it fills up really fast.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Helix apartments at Western. I think I had heard someone say that noise travels a lot throughout the apts. Any info on this?

I'm having a hard browsing for apartments since I'm not sure where the better/worse areas surrounding the school are. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

The train is pretty noisy. It has to honk 4 times for each crossing it goes through... If you look in Pomona, you need to actually visit because there are very few good areas in Pomona. Chino, Chino hills, Claremont, Montclair, Glendora, Covina and West covina are all pretty nice areas to look at.

thank you all for the feedback! Perhaps it would be best for me to go there and check out the surrounding areas. Does anyone know which of those cities are the closest and how close they are? I can always map it out, but if anyone knows offhand, I'd appreciate the help!

Train honking seems like it would be a pain for someone neurotic like me.

thanks again

thank you all for the feedback! Perhaps it would be best for me to go there and check out the surrounding areas. Does anyone know which of those cities are the closest and how close they are? I can always map it out, but if anyone knows offhand, I'd appreciate the help!

Train honking seems like it would be a pain for someone neurotic like me.

thanks again
All the cities I listed are close. Chino, Chino hills, Claremont and Diamond Bar (expensive) are the closest. About 10 min drive. The rest are within 15 min drive. Good Luck!

Awesome, thank you for the info. I think I'll try to motivate myself and go visit those cities.

For those interested, I think the Helix has some room, with a waitlist. I just applied last week and the lady I spoke with sounded positive. Also, I saw the Helix just posted an ad for housing on craigslist, so it seems that they must not be that full.