Western Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skateguitar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona. Does anyone know how the day is like? How long the Interview is? and if there is a presentation/lunch/etc. Its a 2 hour drive for me so I am wondering how long I should plan to be there. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona. Does anyone know how the day is like? How long the Interview is? and if there is a presentation/lunch/etc. Its a 2 hour drive for me so I am wondering how long I should plan to be there. Thanks!

I think the day usually starts around 8 and ends around 2. Lunch is provided but breakfast isn't. The interview itself is around 30 minutes long. Good luck!

I interviewed at Western a few weeks ago. It was really laid back and lasted about 7:45-2:00. The Dean comes in and gives a presentation before interviews start. There is a lot of sitting around waiting on your interview but once you get in there it is super relaxed. That's followed by lunch and tour. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Email that I received says to arrive before 11:15. I was planning on arriving at around 10:50 - 11:00. Yet you guys say it went from 8-2pm. Should I consider arriving at that time? (at 8am)

The Email that I received says to arrive before 11:15. I was planning on arriving at around 10:50 - 11:00. Yet you guys say it went from 8-2pm. Should I consider arriving at that time? (at 8am)

There are morning and afternoon groups.

i got an interview from western 3 days ago..
the email didn't say anything about needing a confirmation that i'll be there. did you guys have to confirm or do they assume you'll be there? i think i'm paranoid but i really don't want to fly across the country and find out i'm not actually on the list to be interviewed that day

i got an interview from western 3 days ago..
the email didn't say anything about needing a confirmation that i'll be there. did you guys have to confirm or do they assume you'll be there? i think i'm paranoid but i really don't want to fly across the country and find out i'm not actually on the list to be interviewed that day

Call them and confirm that you will be there.

I had one this past Saturday. I've never been at interview with that many people. There had to be close to 60 interviewees. Anyway, everyone is super nice. You go through presentations and tour, then have lunch-usual stuff. It's really laid back. The interview is very comfortable. It's done by two admission committee members(I think), but don't let that bother you. They just want to get to know you. If you're there you're competitive, so, they don't care about dat scores and grades, just you.

I had it this past saturday as well, it was my first interview and I am happy how it turned out. I kept hearing that everyone at Western is super nice and all that and I got to see it first hand. Great school and faculty, the statues were super cool too! :p

I had it this past saturday as well, it was my first interview and I am happy how it turned out. I kept hearing that everyone at Western is super nice and all that and I got to see it first hand. Great school and faculty, the statues were super cool too! :p

Yeah, I heard they're the statues of the founding fathers of Western University of Health Sciences. :)

Awesome campus, incredible facilities, and dedicated faculty. I would definitely love to go there.

Yeah, I heard they're the statues of the founding fathers of Western University of Health Sciences. :)

Awesome campus, incredible facilities, and dedicated faculty. I would definitely love to go there.

lol were they really? the founding fathers? even the statues of the painters and the women lying on the ground studying?
but anyway there were soooo many koreans at the interview. i even met a guy who's not korean who speaks Korean caz his wife is korean or something

lol were they really? the founding fathers? even the statues of the painters and the women lying on the ground studying?
but anyway there were soooo many koreans at the interview. i even met a guy who's not korean who speaks Korean caz his wife is korean or something

Nah, I kid...

Yeah, there were a lot of Koreans, but then again there's a lot of Koreans in California.

The Korean thing is true. I think at least 1/5 of our group had Korean last names...