Western Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pAwSN

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who had or will have an interview with Western, when did they send you an email saying your application was complete. When then, did you send in your application? How long after the "complete email" did they notify you regarding an interview? Any info would greatly be appreciated, Thank you. Did anyone receive an interview for Feb recently?

Members don't see this ad.

i sent my applicATION the day before they were due. they sent me an email that it was complete in december, i think. then in early feburary or late january they invited me to interview on feb 25th.

does anyone have info on the interview at western they would like to share...besides whats on the interivew feedback site

do u mind sharing your stats (GPA, degree)? u can personal message if u prefer? just figuring how they determine when they check if all your stuff is complete, i.e by GPA or by when they receive it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview last week with Western. I turned in my application about a week before the Nov. 1st deadline. Although they sent me an email that they had received my application and it was READY to be evaluated about three weeks after, I didn't hear from them again until last month.

The interview is really laid back. They students and the faculty are really nice. In my case, they didn't ask alot of questions about pharmacy, but more questions about your personality.

Good Luck with your interviews!

is the writing portion during the interview difficult? how is it tested? i know at some schools all you have to do is summarize a short article. is this the same?

hey sobelixer...i had my interview 2/16....hmmm..no, writing portion is easy. content doesn't matter...i think that they just want to see that you have proper grammar...u dont need to use big words or anything...dont worry about the writing portion.

paWsn when did you send your application out to western?

i just got an email tuesday saying my application was complete, finally. I sent it around the same time everybody else did, I think. I sent it in probably oct 30 or something like that. it's seems too late now though, i don't know why mine was completed so late because of my GPA or what? I already have my bachelors degree and have taken all the prereqs for western. They said there was a question regarding an english course, but I have my degree so i dont know whats up with that. did u already interview with them? when was yours complete

pAwSN said:
i just got an email tuesday saying my application was complete, finally. I sent it around the same time everybody else did, I think. I sent it in probably oct 30 or something like that. it's seems too late now though, i don't know why mine was completed so late because of my GPA or what? I already have my bachelors degree and have taken all the prereqs for western. They said there was a question regarding an english course, but I have my degree so i dont know whats up with that. did u already interview with them? when was yours complete

pAwSN:

Western received my supplemental Sept 5th and the application from PharmCAS Oct 16th. I too have a bachelors degree and completed all the prereqs, so I do not know what my status. Back in november, my counselor emailed me about sending them course syllabi for the old classes so that the repeated ones could replace them. Last week I faxed the admissions office another letter of rec/confirmation letter that i am volunteering again and my transcripts with the fall grades. I am a little disheartened because I sent my application fairly early and still have not heard from them. Honestly, pAwSN, I think it is all based on luck. Who knows? I hope you and i get an interview soon!!!! It has really put me in a bad mood.

pAwSN:

by the way I did all the extra stuff my counselor told me to do before I sent out my application. I went to a workshop, toured the school, sat in on a class, repeated coursework, volunteering again and STILL NOTHING!!

At least we did not get a "ON HOLD" letter.

yeah at least that, but come on right? what else is there to do? I'm working on a masters in biochem right now

pAwSN said:
yeah at least that, but come on right? what else is there to do? I'm working on a masters in biochem right now

do u mind sharing your stats
science, cumulative, etc?

pAwSN said:

call the admissions office and speak to your counselor directly. If she gives you the ok, which she probably will, fax or email an update, if you have any.

i personal messaged u

pAwSN said:
i personal messaged u
i know some who had a pathetic science gpa and she got called in for an interview for sat feb 25th last week. take my lead, pray, pray, pray!!!

i think the saturday ones gonna be huge, i think like 75-100 students or so, but i could be wrong. the other interviews so far has been around 20 people each i believe.

darkjin6920 said:
i think the saturday ones gonna be huge, i think like 75-100 students or so, but i could be wrong. the other interviews so far has been around 20 people each i believe.

HOW MANY INTERVIEWS DO YOU THINK THEY WILL HAVE IN MARCH??

S.O.S. said:
HOW MANY INTERVIEWS DO YOU THINK THEY WILL HAVE IN MARCH??

not really sure i was at the last interview feb 16th though. im guessing they are in a rush and want to go through as many people as they can now, probably. probably go in 100s on weekends or something. thats what im guessing because a student from western on SDN said by march they usually have most of the spots filled up. so the people in alternates get a chance in march as well.

dude you're getting my hopes up a little...how pathetic was her GPA.

pAwSN said:
dude you're getting my hopes up a little...how pathetic was her GPA.
she said her science gpa was in the mid 2.0's.

lucky girl, hope we both get an interview...good luck to u

Honestly you guys........
I think its all about luck, and who is reading your application....I know for a fact Western is not as big on GPA as other schools. OF course GPA counts, and they look at it.... however, I truly believe it is not the sole factor that the admissions committee looks at when you are under consideration. THey REALLYYY REALLLLY REALLLLLLLY LIKE pharmacy experience, and extracurriculars. Anyway, I am just saying this because I know USC really emphasises the importance of a Degree, and GPA....if you have those, I hear your basically guaranteed an interview.