Western Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseballPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from WKU regarding interviews and/or acceptance? I know their website has the deadline as Jan. 15th but I was unable to get a "timeline" of when they may be sending interview invitations. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Talked to them today. From what I understand they haven't even started reviewing apps. They have been out of the office since last week trying to cover all their bases for candidacy of accreditation. They hope to have interviews the first week of March. I was a little bummed to hear that but it is what it is.

Just saw an update on the WKU DPT website; interviews will be March 7 and 8. Notifications of interviews should be delivered around the 3rd week of February. Best of luck! Hopefully we'll be Hilltoppers this summer!

Peace and God bless

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? I know I hate this waiting game!!!

Has anyone been able to print off the Visitor Parking Map? Also, anyone know the address for Tate Page hall?

Maybe see some of you there!
Peace and God bless

I know they said we wouldn't know anything until Friday (3/15) at the earliest, but has anyone else caught themselves checking their e-mail constantly?
Peace and God bless

I know they said we wouldn't know anything until Friday (3/15) at the earliest, but has anyone else caught themselves checking their e-mail constantly?
Peace and God bless

I check CONSTANTLY. It's definitely a lesson in patience. Right now I'm just trying to fill the time with distractions and TRY not to think about it. So soon, though! In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. =)

Email or USPS letter? I haven't gotten an email but also haven't checked my snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
wondering if anybody else has been accepted at WKU, and who might be going?
thanks

I am #7 on the waitlist, but I withdrew my name from consideration today because I will be attending UK. That moves everyone up a spot, so hopefully this helps someone! Best of luck to everybody.

I really wanted to go to Western and I had really made some great relationships with the faculty but UK is the best choice for me. Enjoy a great program with great faculty where you have the chance to be part of something really special as the inaugural class. :luck:

Best Regards,

Chrissy

Hello! I wanted to know if anyone had any insight on what to expect at WKU's interview. I get sooo nervous for interviews so wanted to know anything that'll improve my chances for getting in haha. Thanks in advance!

Hi I was wondering if you got an interview invite and when did you get it?
Hello! I wanted to know if anyone had any insight on what to expect at WKU's interview. I get sooo nervous for interviews so wanted to know anything that'll improve my chances for getting in haha. Thanks in advance!

Just got my invite as well. Curious to hear what everyone's opinion is on the program and the accreditation status? I believe its a "candidate for accreditation" that will be reviewed in 2016.

Chicity, Mind posting your stats and stuff? I'm from the chicagoland as well
Just got my invite as well. Curious to hear what everyone's opinion is on the program and the accreditation status? I believe its a "candidate for accreditation" that will be reviewed in 2016.

Anyone heard from WKU in 2018?? Just got an email inviting me to the "admissions day" and wanted some insight on that

Anyone heard from WKU in 2018?? Just got an email inviting me to the "admissions day" and wanted some insight on that

I got invited to the admissions event as well, so I will being seeing you there! Unfortunately, I do not know much about it; however, they did say that they would be sending out a schedule soon!

I know that there is not an interview. I have an interview for Bellarmine the same day and they said I could leave early and that it would not negatively affect the chance of getting accepted. I wonder how they will be able to get to know us without a formal interview.

I know that there is not an interview. I have an interview for Bellarmine the same day and they said I could leave early and that it would not negatively affect the chance of getting accepted. I wonder how they will be able to get to know us without a formal interview.
Yeah exactly!! I am so confused that it's mandatory but not an interview then how are they going to decide who to admit or not?!?! Anyone that takes the time to go to the event gets in?? Just doesn't make sense but I'm excited either way!

I agree with both of you! It seems like if you attend, you're in? But I'm not 100% sure...

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the schedule email and it was sent to 94 people.... apparently it's not a shoo in kind of thing...

Does anyone know how we should dress or if we are allowed to bring a parent with us? I was just going to wear what I wore to another PT school interview but I want to make sure it's not a casual event. I was also surprised to see so many applicants on the email but hopefully they tell us more about this whole situation at the event.

I was just going to wear a pantsuit (I believe it's still a professional event) and I'm not sure about the parent part (my gut says no), but you could always ask. Hopefully, but it does seem odd/misleading.

Yeah I agree. I would be safe and not bring a parent and wear a formal outfit

I am number 3 on the waitlist. I’m hoping to get accepted. It will be my first acceptance.