Western On Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilostmyspacebar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been on hold for a while now....how many people who've been placed on hold this year have gotten in??

Members don't see this ad.

just wanted to bump this up so people can see it and provide any information about western's waiting list status. i'm going crazy waiting for their reply and i hate that they can't tell me my ranking. anyways, thanks in advance if you can tell me anything.

ilostmyspacebar said:
I've been on hold for a while now....how many people who've been placed on hold this year have gotten in??

Honestly, being on "hold" is even worse than being rejected. Personally, I find it cruel. From my past experience, the status of "hold" means that once ALL the seats are full, the admin committee will review your file and then throw it away. I mean come on, what could they have overlooked initially that would make them say "oh no, we've overlooked the next prodigy pharmacist". However, in the case where unfortunate accidents happen and all the apps. on the waitlist (approx. 100) disappears and an admitted one declines their seat, you may have a chance if you're #1 on the "hold list".

In closing, DONT GIVE UP, there're other schools if not just apply again next year. Look at me, I did it and i made it to usc on my second try.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the hold list too now, and it has created lots of scheduling problems for me. I got an offer for summer internship at Pfizer but I don't know whether or not to take it since I haven't gotten a reply from Western yet. I also have to decide when to complete my last class for my bachelor degree in engineering this summer. Any news on how the hold list is moving now?

iambrian said:
I'm on the hold list too now, and it has created lots of scheduling problems for me. I got an offer for summer internship at Pfizer but I don't know whether or not to take it since I haven't gotten a reply from Western yet. I also have to decide when to complete my last class for my bachelor degree in engineering this summer. Any news on how the hold list is moving now?

Definitely take that internship & register for your classes assuming you will not get in. Like the other poster stated, in the unlikily event that all the 100 alternates are accepted (im an alternate & have heard nothing) & somehow there are still seats left, then they will look at candidates on hold. That internship strengthens your app for the next cylce too...good luck!

Shakeitfast said:
Definitely take that internship & register for your classes assuming you will not get in. Like the other poster stated, in the unlikily event that all the 100 alternates are accepted (im an alternate & have heard nothing) & somehow there are still seats left, then they will look at candidates on hold. That internship strengthens your app for the next cylce too...good luck!

Is there anyone got in Western from the "on hold" list. I am waiting for so long.

I'm still on the alternate list..... :(