Western or Midwestern CPG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treetop02

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you guys are probably tired of hearing people asking other people which school is better but this is the last help I will need from you guys. I know I am the only one who can really decide which school to go to but I just want your opinions or facts about each school.

I've already sent in my $1000 deposit for Midwestern CPG but I just got accepted to Western U today. So I'm torn in between. Well here is my dilemma:

Western U:
I'm from SoCal
4 year- more expensive
Rotations in SoCal which I like
Close to home

Midwestern CPG:
3 years - less expensive plus I'm in my late 20s(getting old)
Harder to get rotations in SoCal
Excuse for me to get away from my parents

In terms of education experience and job flexibility, which school will provide more? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing people asking other people which school is better but this is the last help I will need from you guys. I know I am the only one who can really decide which school to go to but I just want your opinions or facts about each school.

I've already sent in my $1000 deposit for Midwestern CPG but I just got accepted to Western U today. So I'm torn in between. Well here is my dilemma:

Western U:
I'm from SoCal
4 year- more expensive
Rotations in SoCal which I like
Close to home

Midwestern CPG:
3 years - less expensive plus I'm in my late 20s(getting old)
Harder to get rotations in SoCal
Excuse for me to get away from my parents

In terms of education experience and job flexibility, which school will provide more? Thanks in advance.
Ha. I remember you in the CPG thread. I was in the same situation as you since I got accepted into my university two weeks ago. I'm definitely going there instead of CPG. I chose to go to my university because I knew the reputation of my school was more credible, and would open more windows of opportunity when I graduate despite it being a 4 year program.

I would go to Western, personally. I met a 4th year student doing rotations when I was doing volunteer work at pharmacy for the LA Air Force base, my 2nd cousin (4th year) did some rotation work at local hospitals already. I would guess that you can do rotation work at a variety of settings, and not just community and hospital. When I told my mom that I got into Wayne, she was like, "Thank God. I didn't want to tell you this, but my friend told me that Midwestern is not that good of a school, and that they prefer U of A students more."