Western pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DScheveningen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an interview at Western pharm on Tuesday, 22nd. I was wondering if any one can tell me the format of the interview, and what I should look out for. Also, where does everyone get info on the school other than the website itself? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DScheveningen said:
Hi everyone,

I have an interview at Western pharm on Tuesday, 22nd. I was wondering if any one can tell me the format of the interview, and what I should look out for. Also, where does everyone get info on the school other than the website itself? Thanks!

interview forum

Does the interview panel tell you if it's a closed or an open file?

Members don't see this ad :)
DScheveningen said:
i wasn't told but when one of the interviewers said "so you have a W here in calculus, why?"
i realized really quickly...

For those who already had their interview at Western, can you tell me which hotel you chose that would be convenient for me to reach the pharm campus on the day of the interview? did you guys call a cab? Thanks!

When I entered the room for an interview, I saw folders on the desk next to one of the committee. So I think, the folders have all of my records and other applicants. I am sure that its an open file because I forgot to mentioned a lot of things during my interview, but my essay has all of it. I think that ones you step in the room, they already know who you are and if they should accept you or not. The interview is non-stressfull at all, so don't worry. Good luck.

DScheveningen said:

I didn't see this until today, so your interview is probably over already. Let us know how you did! I'll be attending Western this fall.

I guess this is for people with upcoming interviews, then. I also saw folders on the desks, but none of the interviewers asked me any questions based on my application. I consider my interview "closed file" due to the fact that they didn't bring up anything from my PharmCas nor supplemental application.

Another tip to those who are interviewing at Western: don't assume the interview will be as laid back as the testimonials indicated. I prepared a lot for personal questions, because that was what Western seemed to focus on. My interview was primarily focused on current issues in pharmacy. This may have been due to the fact that the dean of the program was one of my interviewers :eek: The student even said to me after the interview that it was "a little more intense than usual." They were all nice, but it was more stressful that I anticipated.

Be prepared, energetic, and well-groomed. Shoes, hair, and makeup (for girls) make a big difference. (Especially shoes! No chunky, 4", Forever 21 pleather) Little details can throw off the entire professional look in an instant. When in doubt, just be confident. Ask a lot of questions at the end; you don't want to just sit there like a bump on a log. Everybody is nervous, so don't get too anxious over nerves. I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck!

Hi..I will be attending Western this fall Too!

My interview experience at Western:
I was interviwed by a 4th year student, a faculty, and a pharmacist practicing nuclear medicine. The pharmacist was pretty uptight, while the faculty and student seemed really nice. It was open file because I saw my supplementary application right in front of the pharmacist.

The essay question was the same essay question i saw on the feedbacks of interviews. Something about if you think crime is connected with the violence shown on tv programs. You have a max of 3 pages. :rolleyes: