Western secondary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roxana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I'm applying for Western and I found out that there is another essay for its secondary application. I was wondering if it’s optional or have to write another one

:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

HI,
I'm applying for Western and I found out that there is another essay for its secondary application. I was wondering if it’s optional or have to write another one

It says it's optional, but when they include it in their secondary application it means they would like to see you provide them with some additional info about yourself.
Your application is what they use to evaluate you as an applicant and get to know you as an individual. So, I'm sure you have more stuff to tell them about yourself.

HI,

FWIW, I didn't write anything for the secondary. The way it was worded, it wanted to give you a chance to explain anything you weren't able to explain in your app i believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I was worried about this too because I spent almost a month writing my personal statement and I felt as if this is a 2nd essay I need when I am already too busy studying for DAT. I will just leave it blank unless I have time to write 2~3 sentences.

Thank you Guys,
So I think i will leave it blank too

I'd put money that everyone is going to find time to make at least a couple sentences. come on now let's be nice on these forums :laugh:

Did you guys notice the typo in the secondary application?
#3 says are you disadvantaged student
#4 says have you ever attended dental schools

and then it says if #3 is yes then tell me what school you attended, year...etc. #3 has nothing to do with my previous dental school.

FOR THE 2012 WESTERN SECONDARY

Why can't we put A+'s in the boxes? Should I just hand write it in lol.... don't get it..... i worked hard for the plus

They probably don't take them into consideration. I just put mine as As.

The one space they give you to say anything is for more than just explaining bad academic performance or confusing parts of your application.

2. experience in dentistry
3. extracurricular/volunteerism/community service
4. why you are applying to the Western University of
Health Sciences

Surely you can come up with something to write about under one or more of those topics. I treated this as if they would look at this little application before digging into AADSAS. Who knows? Maybe they will.