Western Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmack

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if all 4 ?s are required to answer. Unfortunately I have not had any experience with any disadvantaged community and therefore would have difficult time answering that question... any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

hmack,

Sorry can't help you any, but would you mind posting the secondary questions?

Cheers.

DODO said:
hmack,

Sorry can't help you any, but would you mind posting the secondary questions?

Cheers.

1. Describe your motivation for training as an osteopathic physician. Comment specifically on your academic
performance and potential for study in Osteopathic Medicine.

2. Describe the qualities that you possess that will make you a good osteopathic physician.

3. What criteria did you take into consideration in applying to WesternU/COMP?

4. Describe your participation in community service activities in a medically underserved or economically
disadvantaged community.

Members don't see this ad :)
gojonn said:
I had the same problem last year. My advice is to do a day or two of thinking and take a previous experience and mold it into a disadvantaged community experience. With a little imagination you can accomplish this. Just don't lie, keep it honest, just spin it a little to make it fit the subject. Good luck

Do you think I can mold questions together ... and have one longer essay instead of answering two simular questions together :) Okay I know I am pushing it now! :confused:

Thanks hmack. I have oucom and lecom if you want them. Again thanks a lot and good luck on answering them, they look like a lot of time and thought.

yes if it's the same as last year's... they're all required.

How long do these essays have to be?

hmack said:
Do you think I can mold questions together ... and have one longer essay instead of answering two simular questions together :) Okay I know I am pushing it now! :confused:

Well, in truth you can do whatever you want, but I wouldn't recommend it. I am sure if you put some thought into it you can answer all the questions individually and well. Good luck

-

Last edited:
I had the same problem last year. My advice is to do a day or two of thinking and take a previous experience and mold it into a disadvantaged community experience. With a little imagination you can accomplish this. Just don't lie, keep it honest, just spin it a little to make it fit the subject. Good luck

i'm really struggling with this question. all my extra curriculars are basic like research and cannot be spun to fit the answer, at least not without extreme exaggeration

what to do??????

i was thinking of leaving it blank rather than digging a hole for myself by conjuring up an answer.

Just finished that beast!! After you explain your research, teaching, shadowing, and the four essays, it's like 6 pages!! I don't know about having to fill out all four. Luckily I had experience enough to fill all of them out.

LADoc84 said:
All of them are required and they should extend no more than the length given on the page (basically the same thing dr.z said).

LADoc84, can I ask what your stats were and when your file was complete at COMP?

gogo82865 said:
i'm really struggling with this question. all my extra curriculars are basic like research and cannot be spun to fit the answer, at least not without extreme exaggeration

what to do??????

i was thinking of leaving it blank rather than digging a hole for myself by conjuring up an answer.

comments from anyone else? i'm only one with this problem?

gogo82865 said:
comments from anyone else? i'm only one with this problem?

if you don't have enough experience to write about, just think how & why you would have done it if you had the chance...by the way, did you copy my screen name??? :laugh: