Western U/COMP News Flash

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jinyaoysiu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought you guys would like to know because stuff like this is something I'd like to know when I was applying.

In the new issue of "The DO" (a magazine that every DO student/AOA memeber gets), there is an ad by Western U seeking residenecy program directors for new residencies in 11 specialties including surgery, ortho, anesth, radio, psych, EM, path...

Last year our dean talked about securing a new site for establishing a bunch of new rotations/residencies in the near future and people were kind of doubtful as to when that might happen due to the large number of programs that the school wants to start at the same time, but I guess it's happening now just like promised.

New DO residencies are always welcome in competitive So. Cal. and especially in specialties that are popular. Hopefully this is good news for those of you that want to come to Western because it means more solid clinical rotations at sites that carry our own residency programs in more variety of specialties.

Members don't see this ad.

very good new to hear....i will be applying to western as my #1 choice!

Wow, this just made Western that much more appealing. Is there anyway for a nonsubscriber to read this artice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Go Western!

One of the reasons that I have decided to go to Western starting this fall is because of how aggressively they are creating more opportunities for their students. In addition, I think it is great they have other health science disciplines that will help to spread the name of the school through the health community.

I'd like to read the article too please.