Western U- Elective Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rycetrix

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://prospective.westernu.edu/pharmacy-pharmd/requirements

Am I seeing this right? AP Credits do NOT count, and for the electives, you have to take two courses from public speaking/debate, social sciences, or econ?

Can the original speech requirement double count for an elective as well? If not, then I am screwed and I may have just wasted $40 for nothing or I have to take microecon randomly during my winter qtr when it's already going to be so busy...:(

I got a 4 on the AP Macroecon test back in high school, and it counted as a course at my college as Econ 20C. I have no idea why western is so stubborn about these electives. I think I am going to have to call to find out.

Members don't see this ad.

That's correct, Western does NOT accept AP credits. As for the elective, I believe you just need to choose any 2 courses that youve taken that falls under those 3 categories. These are usually the general ed classes: intro microecon, intro macroecon, psychology, sociology, public speaking (like all the other Cali schools).