Western U- Elective Requirement

Started by rycetrix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rycetrix

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://prospective.westernu.edu/pharmacy-pharmd/requirements

Am I seeing this right? AP Credits do NOT count, and for the electives, you have to take two courses from public speaking/debate, social sciences, or econ?

Can the original speech requirement double count for an elective as well? If not, then I am screwed and I may have just wasted $40 for nothing or I have to take microecon randomly during my winter qtr when it's already going to be so busy...🙁

I got a 4 on the AP Macroecon test back in high school, and it counted as a course at my college as Econ 20C. I have no idea why western is so stubborn about these electives. I think I am going to have to call to find out.
 
That's correct, Western does NOT accept AP credits. As for the elective, I believe you just need to choose any 2 courses that youve taken that falls under those 3 categories. These are usually the general ed classes: intro microecon, intro macroecon, psychology, sociology, public speaking (like all the other Cali schools).