Western U Interview Dec 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qhal

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone scheduled for this date?
got any clues as to what questions they will be asking?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone scheduled for this date?
got any clues as to what questions they will be asking?

1. Tell me about yourself? (Be prepared to articulate what's important to you, your interests and goals.)
2. What are your long-range and short-range goals and objectives?
3. When and why did you establish your goals and how are you preparing yourself to achieve them?
4. What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?
5. What do you know about Western University?
6. Why do you want to be a student at Western University?
7. What do you think it takes to be a successful student at Western University?
8. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
9. What are you doing to overcome your weaknesses?
10. What kind of support network do you have?
11. What leadership skills do you possess?
12. What motivates you?
13. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful here?
14. What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction?
15. Why should you be granted admission to Western University?
16. How do you think a friend or professor who knows you well would describe you?
17. Are you more comfortable following or leading? Why is that?
18. Do you work better in large or small groups? Why?
19. Do you work/study better in a group or alone? Why?
20. Do you prefer a structured or unstructured working or learning environment? Why?
21. What are the most important rewards you expect from your career?
22. How do you perform under pressure?
23. How do you measure or evaluate success?
24. What is the biggest challenge you have ever encountered and how did you deal with it? (Give a specific example.)
25. What have you learned from your mistakes?
26. In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to Western University or the profession?
27. Favorite book, movie, etc.
28. If someone in your group doesn't participate on a group assignment, what would you tell them?

hope this helps

thanks.
just curious, how would you answer some of the questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO these are pretty self-directed and open-ended questions.. so each person will have a very different answer.

how long does it take to hear form western after your file had been evaluated. I am thinking about calling western to see what is going on or should I just wait.Maybe they forgot about my file?:oops:

What did you guys think of today's interview?

The craziest coincidence happened to me. I interviewed last year for Western and got put on the waitlist. Today when I interviewed, I got the EXACT same professor that I interviewed with last year. The craziest thing is that he REMEMBERED me!

I think it turned out good b/c it broke the ice. He was really chill this time and there were moments where all of us laughed and smiled. He didn't really ask me many questions b/c he remembered me. I was just asked 3 Q's and I just talked the rest of the time. The rest was a conversation. He told me how Western has improved and changed from last year.

He said I did better this time than last year and that I was more mature this year. yay! :)

Wow swanchick!!!
what a coincidence!!!
Just the fact that he said that is definitely a plus. I think it definitely is a good thing that u got the same guy...especially now that he sees your desire to come back and give it another shot after not succeeding the first time.
Hopefully its a postive outcome.
oh and by the way...i tried looking for you today based on the description you gave me...hahahhaha! but as u probably could see.... that description fit more than 50 percent of the interviewees.
Hope to hear from you soon...
Goodluck :)
AB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The craziest coincidence happened to me. I interviewed last year for Western and got put on the waitlist. Today when I interviewed, I got the EXACT same professor that I interviewed with last year. The craziest thing is that he REMEMBERED me!

I think it turned out good b/c it broke the ice. He was really chill this time and there were moments where all of us laughed and smiled. He didn't really ask me many questions b/c he remembered me. I was just asked 3 Q's and I just talked the rest of the time. The rest was a conversation. He told me how Western has improved and changed from last year.

He said I did better this time than last year and that I was more mature this year. yay! :)

What did you guys think of today's interview?

hey airen...i thought it went really well. The essay was alot easier than I expected. I honestly ended up having a good time and my stress level was at a minimum. I'm definitely impressed with what they have to offer.
How about you?
feeling good about it?

hey areaboy, i tried to look for swanchick also. I didn't see any chicks that look like a swan. Swanchick, were you in group A or B? I was in group A and I did see a hot chick in my group. Was that you? :D

I didn't see any chicks that look like a swan.

ahahaha...you're funny dumbguy. If you PM me, I'll give you my name and you can see my pic on facebook. :p

I was in Group B.

yeah..I didn't really talk to that many people. I ended up talking only with this one girl who graduated with a computer science degree. yay! I made a friend! She's known as "ttp" on the forums. :)

hey areaboy, i tried to look for swanchick also. I didn't see any chicks that look like a swan. Swanchick, were you in group A or B? I was in group A and I did see a hot chick in my group. Was that you? :D

HAHAHAHA...dumbguy! that was funny man..you had me crackin up.
I was in group A too by the way and I was mingling with alot of guys and girls just trying to have a good time...
I was hoping i would meet swanchick but that came out unsuccessful!
She's really nice by the way ;-)
hmmm...the mysterious swanchick! we all gotta create some sort of plan to look for her next time during the next interview. I have a name but I'm not gonna reveal it here on forum...hahahhahaa...i got your back swanchick ;)

Oh and by the way.... all the ladies looked good today! But yall females better not be expectin us guys to be dressed up that way on a daily basis if admitted...i'll be the one wearing the basketball cap and a basketball jersey walking into class half asleep on most days...
Goodluck people
AB

Swanchick...
at some point i was contemplating jumping all over the mic and yelling out, "may i have your attention please....would the real swanchick please stand up?"
you're luck i didn't do that!
cheers
AB

ahahaha...you're funny dumbguy. If you PM me, I'll give you my name and you can see my pic on facebook. :p

I was in Group B.

yeah..I didn't really talk to that many people. I ended up talking only with this one girl who graduated with a computer science degree. yay! I made a friend! She's known as "ttp" on the forums. :)

LOL areaboy!

I'm glad that you like Western. They have alot of potential. My interview faculty said in 2009, they are planning to make an optometry, dental and podiatry school also. I like Western too, especially since it's close to my home.

aww..I should have made more of an effort to find you. There were a number white guys though, except it was hard to judge height b/c ppl were sitting most of the time.

The down time was fun because I got to talk to super nice pre-pharmers. I even got some contacts. I hope we can all be future classmates next year.

December 16, 2006 can only tell.......

hmph! The waiting game sucks.

LOL areaboy!

I'm glad that you like Western. They have alot of potential. My interview faculty said in 2009, they are planning to make an optometry, dental and podiatry school also. I like Western too, especially since it's close to my home.

aww..I should have made more of an effort to find you. There were a number white guys though, except it was hard to judge height b/c ppl were sitting most of the time.

The down time was fun because I got to talk to super nice pre-pharmers. I even got some contacts. I hope we can all be future classmates next year.

December 16, 2006 can only tell.......

hmph! The waiting game sucks.

do you know the results by december 16?

We'll know in 2-3 weeks so between December 16th and December 23rd. That's also the time frame for USC.

grrrrr..... can time go any slower?!

btw, airen, the essay Q was something along the lines of what college course did you find most beneficial and why?
Pretty easy right? I doubt that they will reuse that one again since it's different for other interviews. The essay Q's are intended to be non-pharmacy related. They just want to see that you can spell, form good sentence structures and have good support and organization.

We'll know in 2-3 weeks so between December 16th and December 23rd. That's also the time frame for USC.

grrrrr..... can time go any slower?!

btw, airen, the essay Q was something along the lines of what college course did you find most beneficial and why?
Pretty easy right? I doubt that they will reuse that one again since it's different for other interviews. The essay Q's are intended to be non-pharmacy related. They just want to see that you can spell, form good sentence structures and have good support and organization.

it does sound like an easy topic to write about. I'm sure there was a limit? number of words/a page? how much time did they give you to write? congrats on making it into worchester! i saw your name on a different post.

good luck!

I believe we got 3 pages to write. 40 minutes for the essay.

i guess that was the other group's essay question. in my group(group A) we had....evaluate a situation/experience/acheivement/ethical issue and how did it impact you.

ohhh I think that essay is a bit harder. I think Group B was easier. oh well..brains work well under pressure so that essay is not too bad.