Western U Interview invite question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheChemist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the people who have been receiving interviews, are you from California or from out of state? I'm just a little concerned :scared: that I havn't heard anything yet. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

TheChemist said:
For the people who have been receiving interviews, are you from California or from out of state? I'm just a little concerned :scared: that I havn't heard anything yet. Thanks

I interviewed on Jan 17th. I'm a CA resident.
Best of luck to you.

Fushi.tarazu said:
I interviewed on Jan 17th. I'm a CA resident.
Best of luck to you.

Have you heard anything from school yet? I am still waiting. I was told that they would send it within two to three weeks after interview. It has been almost three weeks so I am just wondering if anyone here had received anything from them.

I also had an interview on Jan 17th and I am a CA resident as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
imkim01 said:
Have you heard anything from school yet? I am still waiting. I was told that they would send it within two to three weeks after interview. It has been almost three weeks so I am just wondering if anyone here had received anything from them.

Yep, I was from CA also. We should hear back soon, it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow from the interview.

imkim01 said:

It's a good thing you haven't heard from them. I interviewed on Jan 19 and got a letter on 1/25 saying the adcom has opted to put me on "hold" and my file will be reviewed again after 3/1. What a bummer. I guess I can kiss Western goodbye. Anyway, hope you have better news in the upcoming days.

Curious approx what was your GPA, experience, degree?

Does anyone know when Western finishes interviewing? I remember reading that everyone will know their status by April. Does that mean that interviews go until end of March? hmm..just wondering how many sessions are left since I haven't heard from them. =(

I am a CA resident. Interviewed on January 17th. Still haven't heard a thing.

hi i'm a CA resident and I just got a call from western telling me that i received an interview for feb 25th. They told me they would send an email later.

lnmelon82 said:
hi i'm a CA resident and I just got a call from western telling me that i received an interview for feb 25th. They told me they would send an email later.

Did they call you today? Is everyone also getting an email with the phone call?

TheChemist said:
Did they call you today? Is everyone also getting an email with the phone call?

i just got a call this morning today.
Hey this is off topic, but i remember hearing some of my pharmD friends talking about how western might lose its accreditation. Has anyone heard anything about that? I might have confused western for another school.

I also just got a call to go into an interview in 2 weeks february 16th, really ecstatic too. Im not from CA im from Las vegas though. can anyone give me some information about how the interview goes, what kind of questions and possibly essay topics that were asked. thanks

If you don't mind me asking, for the people who received an interview date, what are your stats? I just called western today and there is some question regarding an English course I took. I just want to know what are my chances so I can still be hopeful or forget it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
lnmelon82 said:
i just got a call this morning today.
Hey this is off topic, but i remember hearing some of my pharmD friends talking about how western might lose its accreditation. Has anyone heard anything about that? I might have confused western for another school.

I also heard about it. I am not sure if it was a rumor or not. Anyways, CA used to have its own board test and was a lot harder than current one. When Western had their first graduates, the board passing rate was very low and it caused a problem. But now they have almost 99% of passing rate so I don't think they will ever have any problem in the future. Plus, the focus of this school is on healthcare so they will do whatever they can in order to keep up the accreditation.

I had my interview on February 7th. I am an Oregon resident.

Anyone got a call for an interview in March yet? If so, when did you receive the call??

Swanchick84 said:
Anyone got a call for an interview in March yet? If so, when did you receive the call??

i got a voicemail saying that it was admissions from Western and for me to call them back ASAP. does mean i have an interview?? i know that they were reviewing my application.

if i got rejected or on hold, they wouldnt be calling me right? they would just send a letteR?

anyways, im gonna call them first thing tomorrow morning.

Just wanted to say don't give up hope yet everyone. Western U called me today at 4:40 to invite me for the 3/11 interview. I was so surprised since it's in a week and a half away.

Swanchick84 said:
Just wanted to say don't give up hope yet everyone. Western U called me today at 4:40 to invite me for the 3/11 interview. I was so surprised since it's in a week and a half away.

I guess I'll be seeing you there. I got the same message yesterday and was surprised to hear from them. I'm still waiting for the confirmation/verification e-mail to know the time I should show up next Saturday. Plus, I have to fly down to Southern Cal and a place to stay....Such short notice.

I wonder if a lot of people declined their interview?

BTW, I've looked through the feedback section and I couldn't figure out whether our interview was opened or closed file. Sigh....stress!

Good luck everyone! :luck:

dreaminpharmd said:
I guess I'll be seeing you there. I got the same message yesterday and was surprised to hear from them. I'm still waiting for the confirmation/verification e-mail to know the time I should show up next Saturday. Plus, I have to fly down to Southern Cal and a place to stay....Such short notice.

I wonder if a lot of people declined their interview?

BTW, I've looked through the feedback section and I couldn't figure out whether our interview was opened or closed file. Sigh....stress!

Good luck everyone! :luck:

For my interview on Feb. 7 it was open file, but they didn't look at it during my interview. The interview itself was about 40 minutes long. Afterwards I talked to other interviewees that stated that their interviewers questioned them about stuff from their file. I guess it depends on who you get. Hope that helps!

(damn, i've never used the word INTERVIEW so many times in a paragraph before..

Shinoball said:
For my interview on Feb. 7 it was open file, but they didn't look at it during my interview. The interview itself was about 40 minutes long. Afterwards I talked to other interviewees that stated that their interviewers questioned them about stuff from their file. I guess it depends on who you get. Hope that helps!

(damn, i've never used the word INTERVIEW so many times in a paragraph before..

hi sorry, im new to this whole thing. what is an "open file" interview?
thanks!

pharmy said:
hi sorry, im new to this whole thing. what is an "open file" interview?
thanks!

Hey Pharmy!

An open file means that the interviewers will have your application and know would know everything about you, probably...GPA, personal statement, supplemental info, extracurricular activity. This is frightening for me, especially if the interview will last for 40 minutes....I read in the feedback section that there are three people interviewing you, perhaps, at the same time?

Congrats and good luck! :luck:
I'm still waiting for my confirmation e-mail.

dreaminpharmd said:
Hey Pharmy!

An open file means that the interviewers will have your application and know would know everything about you, probably...GPA, personal statement, supplemental info, extracurricular activity. This is frightening for me, especially if the interview will last for 40 minutes....I read in the feedback section that there are three people interviewing you, perhaps, at the same time?

Congrats and good luck! :luck:
I'm still waiting for my confirmation e-mail.

thanks dreaminpharmd!!!!! goodluck with your interivew and i hope all goes well with you :)

pharmy said:
thanks dreaminpharmd!!!!! goodluck with your interivew and i hope all goes well with you :)

ok so i got an interview too! they told me that they will send out confirmation emails with the details of the day about two days before the interview.

are you guys going to bring anything with you? like one of those leather-bounded legal pad holders? (i forgot what they're called).

do you know how many ppl western interviews and how many they accept?

Hey guys-
I had my interview on February 7th. Western interviews about 400 people to fill 120 spots. Don't be nervous, the process is well organized and very relaxed. I brought a notebook with me to jot down notes during the orientation and write down the questions that I wanted to ask my interviewers after my interview. Yes, it's open file and there are three people interviewing you at once (I had two faculty members and one first year student). It's VERY relaxed though, I felt like we were just having a conversation instead of an interview.

has anyone got anything in the mail from the february 16th interview?

Swanchick84 said:

wow.. I got a call that I can be interviewed on 3/11 yesterday morning(3/8).. am I lucky or what? :) I haven't received a confirmation email though.

I just got a call today for an interview on saturday. Talk about last minute.

For those who got phone calls for the interview this Saturday, do you live close enough to Western so that you do not have to make accomodations?

Yes I live in san diego. It's a couple hours away.