Western U interview postponed

Started by toothlove
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toothlove

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an interview at Western this weekend, but I said I would reschedule. I really want to reschedule until after December but will that reduce my chances? Do you know if Western interviews post November?

Please let me know/give me any advice thanks!
 
I think you should go this weekend, probably better chances. Or is this one of your backup schools?

I would imagine they give post-dec interviews, but a call to the school would clear that up. The admission staff seems very friendly to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an interview at Western this weekend, but I said I would reschedule. I really want to reschedule until after December but will that reduce my chances? Do you know if Western interviews post November?

Please let me know/give me any advice thanks!

Why would you risk it even if this was your backup school?

Plus you get to hear them by 12.1 probably.

Just go this weekend.
 
I had an interview at Western this weekend, but I said I would reschedule. I really want to reschedule until after December but will that reduce my chances? Do you know if Western interviews post November?

Please let me know/give me any advice thanks!

I would personally skip this one as well. I think Western had a reallllllllllly low % of acceptances post interview. Like 50% of something. Meaning you have an equal shot of rejection. If you have 4 or more other interviews that were pre-dec (esp at schools like Case and Tufts.) I would def dip out of this one. Whether you can postpone or not.

But then again if this is a top choice or a must see school then go. All in all for me its a factor of time and money. If you can drive there, then probably go. If you must fly and spend like $500, I personally would avoid it.

I dont think its fruitful to spend time at a low % of acceptances school. It seems like they dont take enough time to pre-screen applicants and want to invite you simply because they can. I prefer schools with high % of acceptances post interview because it means they know you are a good fit from your application and an interview simply confirms that.