Western U IPBP 2017-18 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDInternational

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone applied for IPBP program at Western U for fall 2018? I am still waiting to hear back about interview invitation. The website says we should hear by the end of November. 2 more days to go. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I applied for IPBP and got the interview. I paid for IA exam material and got an email with the instruction today but unfortunately couldn't find any material to download. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Hi I applied for IPBP and got the interview. I paid for IA exam material and got an email with the instruction today but unfortunately couldn't find any material to download. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Any luck accessing material?
I haven't received instructions email yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
Got called for the interview and received the study guide. Have started studying. The material seems pretty basic so far so shouldn't be too difficult, hopefully. I am getting excited now. Hoping all will go well.

The IA study guide seems to have a lot of unanswered questions. It seems like a lot of effort needs to be put to find the correct answers before one can proceed. This is very time-consuming. It would have been helpful if it was in a textbook format instead of a worksheet format. Some sections are much easier than others. Pharmacology 2 seems to be particularly difficult. I haven't yet gotten to the point of preparing for the interview. All my time is currently being used on getting through the guide.

Reactions: 1 users
Same here. It’s very time consuming and just realized all those unanswered questions! It’s alot to review and the time is too short.
I think the most important thing in pharmacology is to understand mechanism of action, uses and side effects of different drugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It's encouraging to know that others are sailing in the same boat. I am getting nervous thinking about how long the exam is (4 hours!). I just hope it is not too difficult. I am trying to review all the material once, before revising the parts I found challenging. Pharmacokinetics is one section that will definitely need a lot more practice for calculations.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on March 3rd. IA exam was easier than expected. No numerical problems. Studying from the guide and a couple of books for Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry sufficed. Interview was informal, and closed-file, so was important to "market" yourself. Waiting to hear back now!

I'm still waiting to get results back from IA exam which were supposed to come out by Wednesday...anyone heard back yet?

I thought we were supposed to hear about the IA exam results within a week too. I haven't heard back either. Hopefully we will hear something this week!

IA scores were posted today. I passed. How did everyone else do? Still waiting for the acceptance email. Hopefully it comes soon!

I got in! Excited to begin this new journey. Anyone else from this forum got in?

Yep, accepted my offer! So relieved!