Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Western U reapplicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by william4930, Jul 24, 2006.

1. william4930

william4930 Junior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am reapplying this year because I was placed on the waitlist and I don't think I have a chance of getting in this year. Western U has changed the way they accept LOR this year and they request you to send it directly to them instead of through Pharmcas. Can anyone confirm that reapplicants only need to submit 1 new LOR? I called them today and they told me I only have to submit one but I just wanted to make sure. I would not want to be rejected again because my application was incomplete.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Swanchick84

Swanchick84 Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I will also be a reapplicant to Western this coming application cycle. What you are saying brings good news for me! I hope it's true. Maybe it will be stated explicitly in their supplemental application about reapplicants only needing to send one letter of rec? (sorta like how reapplicants to USC should only answer the one reapplicant essay Q).

4. Swanchick84

Swanchick84 Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Western U's supplemental application is up today. For those reapplicants, yes it is true that we only need to submit one letter of recommendation.

My question is: on the directions it says only one (1) new recommendation is required.

Does that mean that we cannot use the same ones as last year?

5. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    can anyone open the check list link on western's page?

also, we've already done 3 LOR forms for pharmcas, they want us to do another 3 for the supplemental!?

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Senior Member

western requires their LORs to be sent DIRECTLY to them. so use those same 3 and send them to western through mail along w/ the supp apps

7. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    my school has a letter service that sends out letter of recommendations i have on file. will western U accept that? or do they want the evaulation forms they have posted on their website?

8. creestoL

creestoL Junior Member

Post Doc
    i called them multiple times asking the same question. apparently they prefer if you use their waiver forms, but they will still accept your school's waiver form.

9. Scrubs Fan

Scrubs Fan Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    why exactly am i paying pharmcas a couple hundred dollars if i'm going to send LOR's directly to their school? western even changed their supp apps where I have to input my classes. so i'm paying pharmcas so they could send my transcripts. at most, that would have costed me 20 bucks.

10. smallkitty00

smallkitty00 Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Someone told me: "if you wanna play the game, you'd better follow the rule."

It is costly to send transcripts to both Pharmcas and individual school, but if you get in, it's worth the price.

Best!!!