Western U supplemental application???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physics Guy1421

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found the supplemental application on Western U's website? It was supposed to to be listed as of June 15th, 2008 but I cannot seem to find it on the website.

Anyone know where to find it?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I KNOW!!!!!! WTF???? I sent them an email a few hours ago asking where its at!

Yeah I have no luck either. After I submitt AADSAS this week, I might give Western a call just to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I KNOW!!!!!! WTF???? I sent them an email a few hours ago asking where its at!

Alright good, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me that couldn't find the supp. app. Any chance you could do me a favor and let me know what they email back to you. I'd send them an email, but I'm sure they already received quite a few emails asking where it is, so I'll spare them.

Good luck!

Yeah I have no luck either. After I submitt AADSAS this week, I might give Western a call just to ask.

Yeah, if you don't mind let me know what you find out!

Good luck!

^ Right on. I'm thinking end of the week.

When u say Western U... u mean The Western University of Health Sciences in Cali right???

i was going to apply to it but didnt... cuz i called them and asked them a few questions... and found out that their title wasn't clear yet and they havent been completely accredited yet. so, most likely they will get their accredition, but if not for watever reason... then that means that the students who will be going there will not get an accredited DDS degree. it is a new school, and they are having a lot of problems with processing stuff as well... cuz they are not really full on and running completely.

if it is a different western u all are talking about, then forget what i just said!!

-masksof2004

Well, I'm pretty sure they can't officially start classes until they're accredited. If CODA doesn't like something in their program they have to fix it in order to continue (there's a number of different steps). I also read on one of these threads that the school isn't completely accredited until it graduates its first class. But either way if you pay them 50K tuition for 4 years and pass your boards then you will be a DMD just like everyone else.

When u say Western U... u mean The Western University of Health Sciences in Cali right???

i was going to apply to it but didnt... cuz i called them and asked them a few questions... and found out that their title wasn't clear yet and they havent been completely accredited yet. so, most likely they will get their accredition, but if not for watever reason... then that means that the students who will be going there will not get an accredited DDS degree. it is a new school, and they are having a lot of problems with processing stuff as well... cuz they are not really full on and running completely.

if it is a different western u all are talking about, then forget what i just said!!

-masksof2004

Yeah I meant Western University of Health Sciences in Cali. Thanks for sharing the info. I agree with the poster above; it seems like it would be unethical to take application fee money and even be listed on AADSAS unless they were ready to seat their first class. I'm sure all the accreditation stuff is a major hassle, but I'm sure they will get it done.

Best of luck with the your application!

Well, I'm pretty sure they can't officially start classes until they're accredited. If CODA doesn't like something in their program they have to fix it in order to continue (there's a number of different steps). I also read on one of these threads that the school isn't completely accredited until it graduates its first class. But either way if you pay them 50K tuition for 4 years and pass your boards then you will be a DMD just like everyone else.

Schools dont receive full accreditation until they graduate their first class. thus, Western U, as well as, Midwestern are not fully accredited. I don't think that the accreditation process will be an issue.

-masksof2004

NO school recieves accreditadion until they graduate their first class. Midwestern still is not accredited but have recieved their "initial accreditation" which about the best thing you can do thus far. ASDOH went through this process and graduated their first class i think 1.5 years ago and have since become accredited. Do not NOT apply to western because of this issue, or lack there of. Harvard, columbia, temple all went through this process also back in the day and so will western univ.

NO school recieves accreditadion until they graduate their first class. Midwestern still is not accredited but have recieved their "initial accreditation" which about the best thing you can do thus far. ASDOH went through this process and graduated their first class i think 1.5 years ago and have since become accredited. Do not NOT apply to western because of this issue, or lack there of. Harvard, columbia, temple all went through this process also back in the day and so will western univ.

Good point!

Good point:thumbup:. Plus, its good to see schools opening up dental programs. There are alot more med/law schools. I just wished they would open Georgetown back up:(. The building and equipment are all there!

They now changed the date on the website.. it just says "Late June 2008" now. So... wait till July?

A couple of months ago, I went to an information session for the DMD program they're about to start at Western U. That place does not feel like a school at all. I'm surprised that tuition for their program is $50k annually.

There were surveillance cameras everywhere. Literally everywhere! I got questioned by 3 campus police officers just for walking around, trying to find the location of the building holding the info session. Then I saw a few other pseudo- "security guards" patrolling the campus.

During the info session, I asked why all the security measures and one of the students told me that it's because that part of the city is unsafe. He even confessed to me that a female student was assaulted in one of the parking lots a few months prior.

While going on the so-called campus tour, I noticed there weren't any students hanging around the campus. By the way, there are only 3 or 4 buildings in the whole place. They still haven't built any parts of the dental facility. That building will actually be shared with the school of podiatry, school of optometry, and others. I was told that the school of dentistry will receive the 4th floor.

Anyone else out there go to one of their info sessions?

I've noticed that the newer private schools with osteopathic ties (ASDOH, Midwestern) seem to be on the smaller side. ASDOH has only 3 buildings, one building being the clinic. As far as the dental school having the 4th floor that's not that big of a deal. At this point they're only gonna need a couple classrooms and a sim clinic. And they'll probably spend the next two years building the actual dental clinic. But I haven't been there so it might not look very impressive. Oh well, we'll all have to wait and see.