Western U supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flying rider

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here applied to Western U and done the supplemental application yet? There's an Additional Comments section where says you can explain factors that may have had a negative impact on your academic performance, experience in dentistry, volunteer experience, etc. First of all, are they asking for more of a list format or paragraph? Secondly, how can I state factors that may have had a negative impact on my academic performance without sounding like I'm just making excuses?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here applied to Western U and done the supplemental application yet? There's an Additional Comments section where says you can explain factors that may have had a negative impact on your academic performance, experience in dentistry, volunteer experience, etc. First of all, are they asking for more of a list format or paragraph? Secondly, how can I state factors that may have had a negative impact on my academic performance without sounding like I'm just making excuses?

State the factor, what you did after and how you learned from the experience. This is better than merely stating an excuse. How did you grow as a person by overcoming the adversity, etc.

Well, you know it best! Are you trying to make an excuse?
Just be yourself and explain what really happened. I'm sure it won't sound like you're making excuses if you're being sincere and honest about it.
I'd try to explain it in a paragraph, rather than giving them a list of reasons. Because then you actually have a chance to discuss the problem in depth rather than just telling them that due to #1, #2, #3, etc. I F** Up!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to western but where can we get supplemental application???

It's on their website. There's a supplemental app and a prerequisite worksheet - which I find ridiculous since I already spent a lot of time putting all of that down in my coursework section of AADSAS. Weird that they still ask for that.

Does it have to be typed or can I just enter all of them on the sheet

I just entered all of it on the sheet. On the supplemental app, it took a few tries to print because it kept on not printing what I had typed in the "additional comments" section.