Dr.Clippers

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Any news on Western guys? Are they still making phone calls/inviting people today or this week? Thanks.

squints02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I got an acceptance call from them yesterday at about 11am. They said they would be sending a letter out in the next couple days. I just checked my aadsas and they updated it today to offer made.

About the Ads

Andrew324

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Status
I think they are done, I e-mailed to see where I stand, no response yet

Dr.Clippers

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status
dang Andrew, I hope they aren't done. Are you going to give them a call? Nothing is shown on my aadsas.

Andrew324

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Status
I called them and the message on the machine told me to e-mail, so I e-mailed.

jntruong2003

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2008
California
Status
Dental Student
well, they definitely called on Dec. 1. Not sure if they called any other days. Mailouts were dated on Dec. 1. I live 30 minutes away, so I got the mailing on Dec. 2. But if you are accepted, you should receive a small regular rectangular envelope. So don't be scared if you get one!!! Good luck. I'm planning to attend there, so I hope to see you guys too!

Dr.Clippers

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status
Ya I hope so too!!!! Andrew324 any news? I want to call them I think. Im nervous.

firenoodle

10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2005
Status
i got the letter too..i was expecting a big packet that everyone was talking about. but i guess most of their publications are not ready yet

winkipink

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2007
Status
Dentist
just had an interview there yesterday. 3 no shows- prolly form ppl that already got into school and didnt bother to call and cancel but better chances for other ppl i guess lol

anyway, dr. koelbl said he sent out acceptances that would fill 60% of the class already, although, keep in mind not everyone will accept the offer. so chins up! :) they are in second rounds, so he said the next offers will kinda depend on the ppl they sent first round acceptances to.

dtran95

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm very devastated to hear from them too. So sad :(, I didn't receive any phone call or letter yet. I spoke to Hazelle yesterday and she told me they weren't able to make all the calls but sent some letters on Dec 1st instead. So if you receive any letter by the end of this week, I'm sure you're in. Otherwise, you'll be hearing from them soon before Dec 19th. That all I got...gluck everyone...I feel so sad now.

About the Ads

shinedown87

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2007
Status
Dentist
So, are you saying that some people were accepted, but they haven't been called yet. Instead they will receive something in the mail?

copticgirl08

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i dont know about you guys, but i think the acceptance went all out on Dec 1, that is what was said to us during our interview "the dean will call on Monday these people who got accepted"...im pretty sad because i really like western and i didnot get a phone call or anything till today, so ill just have to wait for the letter. GOOD LUCK to everyone...and congrats to those who got accepted, great job. :)

doodle241

10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm very devastated to hear from them too. So sad :(, I didn't receive any phone call or letter yet. I spoke to Hazelle yesterday and she told me they weren't able to make all the calls but sent some letters on Dec 1st instead. So if you receive any letter by the end of this week, I'm sure you're in. Otherwise, you'll be hearing from them soon before Dec 19th. That all I got...gluck everyone...I feel so sad now.
So, are you saying that some people were accepted, but they haven't been called yet. Instead they will receive something in the mail?

doodle241

10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I called them and the message on the machine told me to e-mail, so I e-mailed.

dtran95

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeap...that's what I'm saying...but the acceptance letter should arrive this week unless it was lost

dtran95

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
yeap...that's what I'm saying but the acceptance letter should arrive this week unless it gets lost.

dtran95

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i dont know about you guys, but i think the acceptance went all out on Dec 1, that is what was said to us during our interview "the dean will call on Monday these people who got accepted"...im pretty sad because i really like western and i didnot get a phone call or anything till today, so ill just have to wait for the letter. GOOD LUCK to everyone...and congrats to those who got accepted, great job. :)
yeah...I'm on the same boat..I like Western too and really want to get it...

Dr.Clippers

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status
Andrew324 you were waitlisted at Western? How did you find out?

Andrew324

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Status
I e-mailed/they said in the e-mail they will send out letters other than acceptances before Dec 19th.

cherrycooler09

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Dental Student
well, they definitely called on Dec. 1. Not sure if they called any other days. Mailouts were dated on Dec. 1. I live 30 minutes away, so I got the mailing on Dec. 2. But if you are accepted, you should receive a small regular rectangular envelope. So don't be scared if you get one!!! Good luck. I'm planning to attend there, so I hope to see you guys too!

Is your permanent address the same as your current address? How come I still haven't receive the envelop that everyone has already received? I live in the east coast so, I know it takes longer than California residents.. but shouldn't it be in my hands by now??

It's most likely that I will be going to Western so, I want to send the deposit and everything, but where's my mail ?! Should I call them ?

DentalRocks09

10+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
there not done yet...they are still going over stuff but will let you know before the 19th

copticgirl08

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
for those who changed their predents to rejected or waitlisted how did you guys find out....because i know that no letters other than acceptance have gone out?

About the Ads