Western U.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gr8DaneGirl

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I have an interview on the 15th of Feb. What do you all think about this school? I want to ultimately do a residency, do you think going to western would hurt my chances of getting into a program?

I went on a tour/orientation there a few months ago. The staff/instructors seem very committed to educating veterinary students and I have no doubt that someone who graduated from there would be well prepared to be a vet. But I'm just worried about a stigma?

Also, I'm a little worried about PBL. It seems VERY different from a traditional lecture format. But it seems like some people love it and others hate it. I just worry that w/ the tangents that go on in the sessions, you might not be under full control of how well you do on monthly exams.

Any comments?