western u

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

victor14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it as easy to get into western u? if i remember correctly, they dont require a pcat score? how so

Members don't see this ad.

victor14 said:
is it as easy to get into western u? if i remember correctly, they dont require a pcat score? how so

They do not require the pcat score b/c it is not a requirement for Western U nor any other california schools.

like drx said, none of the california schools require the pcat. comparatively speaking, western is easier to get into than some of the other pharm schools in california (ucsf, ucsd, usc), but is probably still competitive when compared to all pharmacy schools in general. also, they are the only school in california to require a full year of biochem, so their requirements are a little more difficult to complete since most people will have to go out of their way to do a full year of biochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
they are also require anatomy and anatomy lab, and physiology and physiology lab. Which I think is pretty ridiculous.. they have so many requirements.

DustinfromCA said:
they are also require anatomy and anatomy lab, and physiology and physiology lab. Which I think is pretty ridiculous.. they have so many requirements.

Why is that a ridiculous requirement? There are alot of UC and comm college that made lab grade part of the physiology grade.

They do have alot of requirement, and even their questionaire is also long. If you are already working toward a B.S in Biology or Biochem, it isnt too much.