Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Anyone hear from Western University yet? Called, and was told I would have to wait for them to call me.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call from Western about 10 minutes ago.
I'm in!! =) 909 area code

Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't mind me asking, what time zone is everyone in?

bump

Last edited:
I got the call about an hour and a half ago, I'm in mountian time

i'm probably going to decline my offer from Western (liked the school but not having upper class who's been in clinic is big part for my decision). so hopefully someone who really likes the school and deserves will get the spot!

for those who didn't hear back today, I am pretty sure there will be lots of fluctuation, so don't lose your hope!

best of luck to everyone!

Got the call around 10:30 am PST!

got the call around 130pm PST. Last name starts with P! I think they are going alphabetically. So if your last name is Zylan or something and if you haven't heard anything yet, don't lose hope!
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
My last name also starts with P. Got a phone call 2:30 mountain time. Finally!!!!

i got my call at 4:30 est...last name starts with "P"

Anyone from from BYU get into Western that will be attending? Hit me up!

Congratulation to all! Please join facebook group if you are going to be attending Western U next year. I am a current student there and I can answer any questions any of you may have (what to expect, housing, summer prep class, and etc etc etc). :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=158222833593

I also invite all of our first year to join the group so that we have opinions from variety of people. I thought last year facebook group was pretty awesome. I know MCBM took a lot out of us today. haha.

Last edited:
Thrilled for all of you who got in! We first years can't wait to meet all of you. :)

Got the call @ 9:54am...thank you Jesus!

I am very excited to get out there and start! I loved the school and the mission and can't wait to take part in it!

I am very excited to get out there and start! I loved the school and the mission and can't wait to take part in it!

The School definitely has vision. I cant wait to put it all into action when school starts. It is going to have such a great impact on the community.

anyone heard from WesternU from post december interviews? did they send 2nd batch of acceptances?

anyone heard from WesternU from post december interviews? did they send 2nd batch of acceptances?

bump this up..

has anyone heard anything that interviewed late nov to december? I remember them saying mid december we should hear something but that came and gone.. hopefully by next week? what do you guys think?

bump this up..

has anyone heard anything that interviewed late nov to december? I remember them saying mid december we should hear something but that came and gone.. hopefully by next week? what do you guys think?

I called Hazelle and she said after Jan. 15th :(

I called Hazelle and she said after Jan. 15th :(

Hey Tommy,

Bahh that doesn't make sense. I thought we were still interviewing for spots. I remember last time one of the doctors said they would know what the class looked like by the time Jan 15 comes around.

Hey Tommy,

Bahh that doesn't make sense. I thought we were still interviewing for spots. I remember last time one of the doctors said they would know what the class looked like by the time Jan 15 comes around.

yea i know its not fair. Im putting down a deposit and if Western accepts me after i wont be able to afford it. No more loans, im maxed out...messed up situation..

yea i know its not fair. Im putting down a deposit and if Western accepts me after i wont be able to afford it. No more loans, im maxed out...messed up situation..

the school probably forgot how many seats were given out. i am sure some people from dec 1st will give up their spots so there is still a chance.

I just wanted to say. We opened the new clinic/lecture hall/building on 01-04-2010. LEt me just say it is AMAZING!

I wish you guys luck and hope you hear back from Western soon :)

Based on some of your other posts, it didn't seem like you wanted to go to Western. If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind?

the school probably forgot how many seats were given out.

I can assure you that isn't the case. The admissions office is on top of their game.

They are probably waiting for the Jan 15th deadline to know which of the initial offers are accepted and which are turned down. After that date they will probably send out more acceptances. I know some of the schools I've been waitlisted are doing that.

I dont know for certain but i heard that if you are on the alternate list you will not be contacted until everyone has been interviewed. meaning that people on the alternate list will not hear from western till feb. if anyone can verify what i heard that would be awesome. thanks

Based on some of your other posts, it didn't seem like you wanted to go to Western. If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind?

Number one thing is its the closest dschool to home and everyone i know.
Second thing is that they have a solid staff, and the new building.

are you going to withdraw from western?

can't wait to meet you guys :)

another western u 1st year.

if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

can't wait to meet you guys :)

another western u 1st year.

if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm with troung on this one. Anyone needs help, let me know. Oh and I will be there for lunch with some of the predents this saturday :)

I'm with troung on this one. Anyone needs help, let me know. Oh and I will be there for lunch with some of the predents this saturday :)

See you there! I have an AM interview!

Thanks a lot 1st years...it means a lot to know that you are all there to help!

How are things going by the way? You guys are half way through your first year! Congrats!!

anyone know what the schedule will be like for the 11:15 interviewees? i'm kinda guessing lunch first then tour then orientation then interview? or interview right away?

anyone know what the schedule will be like for the 11:15 interviewees? i'm kinda guessing lunch first then tour then orientation then interview? or interview right away?

in the past its been: orientation, interview, tour, then lunch

But is there will be quite a few people there..then it might change up a little.

Hey pandaXpress, any idea how many deposits they received so far or any news regarding acceptances? thanks!

to those people that just interviewed this weekend, did they say anything about when you will hear from them, after or before the 15th?

to those people that just interviewed this weekend, did they say anything about when you will hear from them, after or before the 15th?

They said we should hear back from them about a week or so after the 15th. Half the class was filled as of yesterday. I am assuming those are deposits received as I know they sent out enough offers on 1 Dec to fill the class. The D1s said the admissions staff works quickly and doesn't linger over their decisions too long.

Best of luck! Great school!

It has taken them longer to go through all of the deposits. They have been sorting through hordes of mail since the break.

If half the class is filled, where is everybody? You should join the fb group!

just echoing subdoc's reply... dr Koelbl said they had received 34 deposits as of 1/9. And we could look forward to hearing back the week of 1/18

They said we should hear back from them about a week or so after the 15th. Half the class was filled as of yesterday. I am assuming those are deposits received as I know they sent out enough offers on 1 Dec to fill the class. The D1s said the admissions staff works quickly and doesn't linger over their decisions too long.

really?? Diana said we'd hear back in about 3 weeks give or take, but if it's next week...I'll be glued by my phone ALL NEXT WEEK LONG =)

really?? Diana said we'd hear back in about 3 weeks give or take, but if it's next week...I'll be glued by my phone ALL NEXT WEEK LONG =)

Well, one week or so after 15 Jan is the same thing as three weeks give or take from the 9th! :)

I would expect to hear from them starting 25th-ish. Anything earlier would just be a bonus! :)