Western University Comp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotel_november

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
as long as the immediate faculty are great and the school has great clinicals....i dont think is a major misstep. also please note that the article was dated Dec 2003...hopefulyl things have changed by now.

uclabruin2003 said:
as long as the immediate faculty are great and the school has great clinicals....i dont think is a major misstep. also please note that the article was dated Dec 2003...hopefulyl things have changed by now.

Am I surprised? No !! These types of scandals are all around us. Problem is, nobody finds out about them. I don't believe it takes away from the accreditation of the school. Western is a great school and I would be honored to matriculate.

i saw a graduate from that school on the NYU Dermatology residency list....so i guess it cant be that bad right?

NYU friggin Dermatology...thats like so hard to get in!!!

NYCDawg81 said:
i saw a graduate from that school on the NYU Dermatology residency list....so i guess it cant be that bad right?

NYU friggin Dermatology...thats like so hard to get in!!!

Is there a website for that kind of info??

I thought it was a military residency affiliated with NYU :confused: Pretty cool someone else is there from Ponce Medical School.

I am a graduate from Western U. This business fiasco has nothing to do with accreditation or education--it is just a distraction. Academics at Western U more than prepared me for my allopathic anesthesiology residency. You work very hard academically there. Western U is a good choice for medical education.

In my graduating class, we had graduates accepted into residencies at Stanford, UCLA, Loma Linda, USC, University of Washington, UCSD, UCSF, UC Davis, University of Utah, University of Colorado, University of Mississippi, University of Texas, University of Arizona, and on and on and on..... In other graduating classes there have been acceptances into Harvard, Yale, John's Hopkins and many prestigious programs. As far as postgraduate education, Wester U has a great reputation and we have residents everywhere.

hotel_november said:
Is anyone applying here? I have not heard good things about this school. Read this that I found on the web (you have to scroll down near bottom):
http://www.dailybulletin.com/Stories/0,1413,203%7E21481%7E1862979,00.html

I'm currenlty a student at COMP and don't think that this article does justice to the school. For one, its a year old. Changes are always happening at WesternU, as does in any school. I challenge anyone to find a medical school that is a perfect record. If a school doesn't have financial problems, it has faculty problems. If it doesn't have faculty problems, it has curriculum problems. Thats just how things are. Every school has its scandal, and like the previous graduate said, all it is a distraction.

I'm happy with the education I'm recieving at COMP. Remember that what you get out of an experience is equal to how much effort you put in. If you chose to get distracted with all the rumors and bad stories, then chances are you'll miss out of all the wonderful opportunities offered to you.

Best of luck to everyone!