Western University DPT- CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoctor2026.

Reaction score
Hey all, I received an invitation to interview for the 2023 entry cycle. Anyone else get an invitation or have an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I am assuming you're talking about WesternU in Pomona, CA.

I was interviewed back in December I think. I was put on the wait list in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, so the way it will go down (assuming it is over zoom) is...

They'll do an intro, then separate you into a group of two. One group will do the interviews and the other group will do the written sample. After that, you'll come together again and switch. After that you'll do a "brain buster" or something like that (it's unnecessary, and at this point, you might be fatigued so just prepare for that).

Expect it to be a little boring. I was interviewed by the assistant dean, and his camera kept cutting out and it was so distracting. The other person was just so monotone, it made me uninterested in answering.

OH! very important. EXPECT to be asked about stuff you learned from your prerequisite classes.

For example, I was asked how I would explain the conservation of energy to someone. There will be 2-3 questions like that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes, so the way it will go down (assuming it is over zoom) is...

They'll do an intro, then separate you into a group of two. One group will do the interviews and the other group will do the written sample. After that, you'll come together again and switch. After that you'll do a "brain buster" or something like that (it's unnecessary, and at this point, you might be fatigued so just prepare for that).

Expect it to be a little boring. I was interviewed by the assistant dean, and his camera kept cutting out and it was so distracting. The other person was just so monotone, it made me uninterested in answering.

OH! very important. EXPECT to be asked about stuff you learned from your prerequisite classes.

For example, I was asked how I would explain the conservation of energy to someone. There will be 2-3 questions like that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for explaining this to me. It is over zoom and I totally do not know what to expect, other than what it says on their website (which is not very comprehensive). I was under the impression that these interviews are not so much a test of knowledge as they are a way to get to know students to make sure you will gel with the incoming class....I am not a kinesiology or exercise science major so hopefully I will get easy questions about prereq classes. Is that what the "brain buster" portion was?

Do you remember the essay topic?

I don't know if I'm allowed to say what the topic is since we applied to the same term year. But the topics are very general.
It will be opinion based, so for example:

Is youtube bad for the youth?

Something like that.

If I had to give advice, don't lean into a yes or no. Try and stay in the middle and identity strengths and weaknesses on both sides.

They will mostly ask questions from your prerequisites based on your answers. They wont ask for exercise stuff, they might ask something to do with physics or chemistry. Very general things. Try and give short and direct answers since there are only like 20 minutes for the interview, or 15, I cant remember.

The brain buster was some brain twister thing, they are little puzzles. You won't really be able to study for something like that, but it's not that big of a deal, just annoying.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say what the topic is since we applied to the same term year. But the topics are very general.
It will be opinion based, so for example:

Is youtube bad for the youth?

Something like that.

If I had to give advice, don't lean into a yes or no. Try and stay in the middle and identity strengths and weaknesses on both sides.

They will mostly ask questions from your prerequisites based on your answers. They wont ask for exercise stuff, they might ask something to do with physics or chemistry. Very general things. Try and give short and direct answers since there are only like 20 minutes for the interview, or 15, I cant remember.

The brain buster was some brain twister thing, they are little puzzles. You won't really be able to study for something like that, but it's not that big of a deal, just annoying.
OK cool, I feel a little more confident now. Thank you for the info. I hope to see you in class this year!