Western University of Health Sciences, College of Podiatric Medicine (WUCPM) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! Second year student at WesternU here to answer any questions you might have. Good luck this application cycle!

Just reserved my seat!! Thank you to all the current students at Western for answering my many questions. I am excited to join the WesternU family. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Third year student at WesternU! Happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I'm a current 2nd year at WesternU Pod. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have regarding the program!

I decided to attend WesternU, I wanted to know if anyone knows if there is a page for students who plan to attend this school for the podiatry program.

Just reserved my seat!! Thank you to all the current students at Western for answering my many questions. I am excited to join the WesternU family. :)
I just did too! do you know if there's a site where we can interact with those who will be attending this school?

Can you submit your application without your LOR? Or do you need to have them before submitting in order to get verified?

Anybody here applied to ISAC ?
Hi, I am a first year podiatry student at Western U. I did not do the ISAC program but I did do the SPaRc summer program and know a few friends that did the ISAC, here is what I know and please feel free to ask me any other questions.
ISAC is a pretty intense summer program that gives you credit (if you pass) for the anatomy portion in your first year. Our school is divided by organ systems and in the 6 weeks of ISAC you will go over the entire body (everything that the first year students do for the entire year). The benefits to this is that you will not have to attend any of the anatomy lab classes during the school year and do not have to take one out of the three exams we take during exam week for each organ system. You will be tested during this summer program and if you do not pass <70 you will retake it with your classmates during their exam week for the specific organ system. For example, if you pass musculoskeletal system but do not pass neuro you will retake the neuro exam around December with your classmates during exam week. For the musculoskeletal exam week you will just have to do the OSCE (patient encounter) and didactic (written exam) while your classmates take the anatomy practical. I personally loved anatomy lab and felt like coupling lab with my lectures helped me understand the material more, however, with lab ranging from 2-4 hours once/twice per week you will have those hours to focus on your written exam/ lectures. So it is really up to you and how you learn. You will only be with other DO students and DPM students, since the DO class is much larger than our class ISAC is majority DO students, for our class only three DPM students did ISAC, however, this should not deter you, the DO class is friendly and pretty accepting of the DPM students. Just put your self out there, introduce yourself, and be friendly!

SPaRC was a very "chill" low stress review of anatomy via professor lectures as well as creating good study habits, getting to know people in different programs (all 9 programs are together), focusing on mental health, and "intro to medical school" type lectures/resources. We did get tested but it was not for a grade and it was much more of an intro to what medical school tests look like. There were five DPM students that did SPaRC and two of them are now my best friend. I loved this program so much just because I had been out of school for 2 years and needed to "dip my toe" into medical school before I dove in at the start of the year.

Again please, reach out to me with any other questions! I love answering anything and just know there are NO dumb questions!

Clara :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if classes are currently hybrid? Are all labs in person? Are exams taken at home or in person?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if classes are currently hybrid? Are all labs in person? Are exams taken at home or in person?

Thank you!
Hello! I am a first year podiatry student at WesternU. Due to COVID, this past year we have had to adopt a hybrid format for our courses. A majority of our lectures have been online, either pre-recorded or delivered live on zoom. However, our anatomy lab course and our clinical skills course where both in person about 1-2 times a week throughout the year. When we first started the year out, exams were being proctored via zoom. As the year went on, all exams (except for a majority of quizzes), were taken in-person on campus, as we are currently doing. As cases continue to drop, we hope to fully return to in-person instruction for the majority of our courses soon!

For more information about the schools COVID-19 response and regular updates, check out the link below:
Coronavirus Information | COVID-19 Information.

Please, reach out with any additional questions or concerns you may have, and I would be glad to answer them!

Hello everyone! I am a second year student at WesternU here to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to reach out.

Hello everyone,

I am a WesternU 2nd year student, please let me know if you have any questions

Hello! I am a second year student at Western, feel free to PM me or reply with any questions!

Hello everyone! I'm a second year student at WesternU! Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions!

Hello everyone, I have a second year at Western U Podiatry, please let me know if you have any questions regarding anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.