Western University of Health Sciences

Started by caramella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caramella

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get selected off the interview waitlist for Western University? I was just notified today and my interview is next Friday!! Any tips on how to prepare?
 
The Western University interview is different than most. They asked some pretty unusual questions and they were rather varied from person to person. My best advice is to just be yourself and be ready to be open. Also there was a writing segment (10min) when I was there.
 
The Western University interview is different than most. They asked some pretty unusual questions and they were rather varied from person to person. My best advice is to just be yourself and be ready to be open. Also there was a writing segment (10min) when I was there.
Thanks! What do you mean by "unusual"? Does that mean you weren't asked the typical, "Why do you want to be a PT and why do you want to go to Western?" types of questions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neither of those questions were asked to me. It was more.. Tell me about a school or work experience when someone wasn't pulling their weight.. How did you handle it? A lot of questions asking how you turned negatives into positives. And it's 2 on 1. So you answer a question from one faculty member and then the other one asks you a question to elaborate on it and explain further. You have to be able to think on your feet. Just be honest and be yourself
 
I agree completely with kjoj11. Neither of those questions were asked of me either.

Also you can search "Western University DPT interview" or something and find a few older threads about this topic.
 
I didn't know Western did an interview off of their wait list.. is that what you were saying? Or is that your first interview? Anyone else get in off the wait list yet??
 
Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you! Yes, it was my first and only interview at WesternU. After submitting my application WesternU put me on a waitlist to be potentially interviewed. I was not one of the original students offered an interview. WesternU does not interview people again after being waitlisted.