Western Waitlist chances???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anyone who has personal experience either from going through this themselves or knowing someone who has...what are the chances of getting pulled off a waitlist @ Western?

I have sent them an additional LOR from another doctor i worked for, and then a few days letter, I sent them a letter of intent essentially telling them that I would withdraw all other pending applications and acceptances if I am offered a seat for their DO class of 2011

Members don't see this ad.

So anyone who has personal experience either from going through this themselves or knowing someone who has...what are the chances of getting pulled off a waitlist @ Western?

I have sent them an additional LOR from another doctor i worked for, and then a few days letter, I sent them a letter of intent essentially telling them that I would withdraw all other pending applications and acceptances if I am offered a seat for their DO class of 2011
No experience, but as a side note, the 90% acceptance that I spoke of before applies to everyone who has gotten in, through acceptances or from the waitlist. Hang in there. When people decline their acceptances by mid December, there is a good chance that they'll be re-reviewing those who are on the waitlist. If I don't choose Western, you can have my spot.

I just cancelled my interview there today--so thats one less person.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey cuttin, i sent in my first deposit to western a month ago but i am going to withdraw myself. just wanted you to know so that you'd feel better in knowing that there are a lot of spaces that'll be available soon.

cuttin-

I too got accepted and will be withdrawing in a few days.good luck

dave

I will add to this and say that it is looking more and more likely that I will be declining my acceptance there as well. It is not final yet, but the chances are pretty good.

wow...thanks to all you who are posting

I have another acceptance at a different DO school, but for program and mostly geographic reasons, I really want to get into Western.

this might seem childish, but I feel better now--I cant help but think to myself that those of you who are responding have been accepted and will be doctors and it just kind of impresses me that we are already taking care of each other even if its on this silly little forum board.

anywyas..thanks again for the heads up

I have another acceptance at a different DO school, but for program and mostly geographic reasons, I really want to get into Western.

this might seem childish, but I feel better now--I cant help but think to myself that those of you who are responding have been accepted and will be doctors and it just kind of impresses me that we are already taking care of each other even if its on this silly little forum board.

that's exactly how i feel. it's great.

Yeah, we're a big ole SDN family! :)

Yup its great to see that. I was just using this example in another thread how supportive all we are of each other.:love:

I got off the waitlist at COMP around May and interviewed in one of the first batches of interviews ... (I'm now 2nd year there) so have a backup plan but your chances are still good to get in. They just want to see who else applies before deciding on accepting you

I got off the waitlist at COMP around May and interviewed in one of the first batches of interviews ... (I'm now 2nd year there) so have a backup plan but your chances are still good to get in. They just want to see who else applies before deciding on accepting you
+

Thanks OnMyWay!

I really want to get into this school....I hope the same thing that happened to you happens to me.

Do they only pull off the alternate list that late into the cycle...like in MAY??

+

Thanks OnMyWay!

I really want to get into this school....I hope the same thing that happened to you happens to me.

Do they only pull off the alternate list that late into the cycle...like in MAY??

YW. They let people off the waitlist throughout the cycle but I'd say the bulk of it happens after the last interview date, which I believe is in May as well. But I do know people got off the waitlist throughout the year. Good luck... it wouldn't hurt to send a letter of intent either that if you'd be accepted, you would withdraw your applications and acceptances to other schools (if that's true). Happy Thanksgiving to all.