-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
western
Started by thebigaristotle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oops, I meant to ask if anyone has heard anything from Western yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend is currently in the western program. He noticed that in early Jan they were holding interviews and asked if I had been invited. I haven't and he doesn't think I have a good chance of being accepted. Well my application was a little late so that may have been a factor.
I have an interview this month on the 24th. They usually have a series of interviews... I think the interviews start as early as Dec. Or Jan. and they go until April. Just be patient I was offered a march interview last year in late February. It may take a while longer since you said you submitted later. Good luck!!!
Last edited:
I also submitted my application late. I didn't have all the content to complete the app by the deadline but I sent whatever I had and sent the rest later. I ended up calling them about this matter and the person on the phone told me that I might not get my application reviewed because of it. I gave it a shot anyway and still waiting to hear from them.
Is there anyone who submitted their app early November and still waiting from Western? I'm anxiously waiting 😛 ps. How were your interviews go? 👍
Congrats to those who got accepted! Very happy for you guys that all the hard works are finally paying off. 👍
@ SoCalPT: Thank you very much for you comforting words to those that are still waiting, including me. Thank you! 🙂
@ SoCalPT: Thank you very much for you comforting words to those that are still waiting, including me. Thank you! 🙂
For everyone still waiting: I was told our interview day was one of the biggest yet...about 15-20 people. All the previous ones only had about 5. Western accepts around 45 people so there are PLENTY of spots left and many more interviews to go! Good luck to those still waiting
Keep us posted 
Keep us posted 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone here already interviewed with western. My interview is tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations. Any particular questions I should be aware of?
I've heard that they asked questions relating to the schools mission statement - how you can relate to it and stuff.
Thanks DeePT. I just recieved an offer for an interview and scheduled it for next week. Excited, but I seriously suck at interviews.
That is exactly what happened to me. I had my application sent to review. The next day I had an interview scheduled for the following Wednesday and then I got my acceptance email two days later. It seems pretty standard for Western. If you have any questions about the interview just PM me.
Aside from getting a pretty bad cold, I finally got my interview offer from Western this week. Thank you guys for keeping the thread going and my hopes up. 

Got my interview on Wed and got my acceptance today. They've told me that they have 2 or 3 more rounds of interview, and they're still keeping spots opened for potential candidates. Best of luck~
I'm just so glad the round of waiting for news was over. Now, I just need to make a decision. I've always thought Western is my school of choice because it has a very solid program and it is only 15 min away from my house. It's times for some deep thinking.
I'm just so glad the round of waiting for news was over. Now, I just need to make a decision. I've always thought Western is my school of choice because it has a very solid program and it is only 15 min away from my house. It's times for some deep thinking.
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site (my brother tells me great things about it) and I just wanted to start off by saying congrats to everyone who got in! Excited to start the journey?? This is my second time applying to Western and I got an email stating my application is being processed on March 30. I received an email yesterday (April 7) stating I got an interview for Wed the 14th. I'm so nervous and excited! Does anyone who already interviewed have tips on how to do well? Or know of anything I should be familiar with? Was there an essay to write during the interview process? All the help would be really appreciated!
Congrats on your acceptance! I'm going there too. There isn't any housing through the university. There are two apartment complexes right next to campus where some students live. Other than that I've heard people end up commuting, especially if they're from the area. There are plenty of surrounding areas within a short driving distance or with public transportation. You can look at some through your BanWeb account.
Personally I'm looking into living near the downtown LA area. I'm from NY, but have a lot of friends that live there. It's a bit far but there's a bus I can take so I wouldn't have to worry about traffic. I guess it just comes down to what works best for you personally.
Do you know where you're planning to live at all yet? I'm hoping to fly out there and take a look sometime this summer. If anyone else has any input it would definitely be appreciated! 🙂
Personally I'm looking into living near the downtown LA area. I'm from NY, but have a lot of friends that live there. It's a bit far but there's a bus I can take so I wouldn't have to worry about traffic. I guess it just comes down to what works best for you personally.
Do you know where you're planning to live at all yet? I'm hoping to fly out there and take a look sometime this summer. If anyone else has any input it would definitely be appreciated! 🙂
I have no idea what specific area that I'm planning on living in, but I know that I was concerned about downtown LA area being really expensive and kind of far to commute. Do you know other western students that commute? I'm in norcal right now but I'll probably head down sometime over summer to check out some places.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
