WesternU High Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptforme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on this list? Just received an e-mail from them today. What do you think the chances of getting in are?

Members don't see this ad.

I got that email on Friday and I'm a high alternate as well. I'm not sure how many other students are on that list though but let's hope some drop so we can get in, right? Did you get a form or anything? In the email it said please attach the form and letter so I'm waiting for that to come, that's if there is a form we need to fill out.

I got an email last Monday telling me I was a high priority alternate and I got the letter in the mail yesterday. I spoke to a lot other people who also got emails so it's hard to determine how many people are on the same boat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email on Friday as well and I got the letter in the mail today. There's a quick form to fill out and return. It says that there are four catergories that we are put in, the two highest being "immediate accept" and "high priority alternate" and it says that only a few are immediately accepted and a small portion are high priority alternates. Do you think this means that they have not necessarily filled all seats yet....and they just want more time to select the rest of us?

I received my letter in the mail a few days ago as well. At my interview, she said VERY few would be chosen for the immediate accept. I don't think they fill the class with all "immediate accepts". I'm pretty sure I am going to ask to not remain on the high priority wait list because I have been accepted to another school that I wanted to go to equally as much, so hopefully that opens the slot to someone else.

I feel like it can go two ways: either they sent out acceptances already and are just waiting to see how many confirm..and if they don't fill a class then they turn to the high priority alternate list...OR they haven't and are just taking their time to choose....either way it's another waiting game for us! =/ but I'll admit it's pretty nerve wrecking bc Dr. Schilling said that last year they only took 1 person off the alternate list..I wonder if she mean the high alternate list or the regular alternate...hopefully we all receive good news soon!

Thanks for the info you guys. I got it in the mail so I'll send it out asap.

I also do wonder if they took 1 off the alternate list or the high priority. It seems interesting though, at the interview, they said there were 4 different lists you could be on, immediate accept, accept, alternate and decline, if I remember right. However, in this e-mail that was sent, it said there is only immediate accept, high priority alternate, alternate and decline? What do you guys think?

Yeah at the interview it sounded like they would "immediate accept" a few people or so each day of interviews and then accept the rest very soon after. And everyone else would be an alternate or non-accept.

anyone on here been placed in the other categories?

I'm on the list too. Just hoping to get an acceptance soon. Good luck everyone! Keep us updated.

I think they accept about 10 applicants as an immediate accept. So it seems like for those of us that are on the hpa list we have to wait till they interview everyone so they can make their decision about us.

I just e-mailed Karen and she said that they are still in the process of doing interviews so the spots aren't quite filled yet. There are about 90 people on the priority alternate list and they will review the pool once they are done with interviews. This is so nerve wracking but hang in there guys!!

wow, thanks for the update! Good to know. I wonder when they will be done with interviews.

Dang! I thought they were done with interviews within a week. That is crazy they are still interviewing. That is a lot of people for a priority alternate list though. Hopefully one of us gets good news!