WesternU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

201Blue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an interview this year at WesternU and can share their experience? :) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Very relaxing and comfortable! It was by far one of my favorite interviews so far. My interview was with 2 faculty members and they took turns asking me questions. It was mostly behavioral questions that require you to draw from your past experiences either from school, volunteering, work, etc. The faculty are extremely friendly and welcoming so don't worry about it too much and just be yourself! :)

I interviewed last year and I am a current student at Western. If you have any questions feel free to message me :) The interview is very laid back and behavioral. Mine felt more like a conversation then anything :) goodluck!

Yeah my interview with Western was super casual! It started with an interview that felt around ~30 mins with 2 faculty and it was very enjoyable. Very welcoming and not stressful. They asked questions like "why optometry?" "why western?" etc. So just speak from your heart and talk about your passion and it will show. Other than that, the rest of the day was a tour of the campus and that was it. GOOD LUCK! Just have confidence and you will do great! Be honest, ask questions and it's a great school and you were asked to interview because they liked you!