WesternU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can someone give me advice and feedback about WesternU's interview? This is my only interview and I'm extremely nervous. Overall what was your stress level, was it hard to locate, is there traffic going to the school from the hotels in the morning, how did you prepare for the interview and any advice you can give me? Thank you very very much! I appreciate for any feedback! =)

Members don't see this ad.

hi, congrats on the interview. NO, the stress level is not that high. they ask u questions that you need to bring in your personal experiences to answer it. For example, they say describe a situation where you had to stand out, or describe the situation when u were a leader, the best and worst decision of ur life. stuff like this. I dont remember the rest of the questions, but just try to be calm. they are very nice and show that u r really interested in their school. What are ur stats? dat(aa/ts/pat), gpa and major?

Don't be so stress out about Western. It was my first too and I was very nervous so I guess I screwed up. Beside those questions that the other person gave you. They ask some questions like describe a situation when you need to be creative in your project, Have you ever done team work? what can you bring to Western and expect from your up-coming classmates? Have you ever worked with a diversity of people? and something about what do you think about the social aspect of a dentist.
The school is very small and the students are very nice. We were allowed to sit in a DO class and some students waved at us and talked to us. So it made me feel less intimidating.

Hope this helps. Good luck ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone tell me western university address and what specific builiding they are having the interviews at. what time did you guyz show up to the interview?

I think you have to show up there by 745AM. The parking and interview information is on there interview page which was emailed to me. My interview is on the Jan 20th. Anybody else coming on that day?
One question for those who had the interview already: what type of questions did you guys ask? Is it okay to ask about their buildings and if they have appropriate funds?
Thanks guys!

Western's interview felt a lot like they are looking for someone to join their team to get the school rolling. That was my general feel from it, I played off it... and enjoyed it, which got me an acceptance. Be intereted in the program, so trying to fit in, ask questions that will clear anything up while you're hearing the presentation. I asked them if students will be allowed to be part of a committee that looks for ways to improving the school. Ask about how you can be a part it? What will you bring to the table? DO NOT act like you will solve all the problems or that you know it all! Be open about that, and mention that you see yourself bring your strengths and insights to the table. There's a time to lead and a time to follow. (at least this is what I conveyed during my interview). Also, Make sure you show interest in their program. IT is unique and you ought to demonstrate how it'll jive with you and what you believe. Think how this really applies to your character to make it work. Interviewers can really sense something script or fake. Good luck and be excited to be there.

It is okay to ask about their buildings and funding. They know that you need to make smart/educated decision to go to their school.

I had a hard time to find the campus, so be there earlier. They asked a lot of questions like "have you work with people you donot know before?" "waht's ur study habits?"....There will be 2 professors at the interview, and they are really nice. PPl at admission are super nice. The interview went well and I had a great time ^^ Good luck on ur interview:thumbup: