What a crazy and long day...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOC YANKEM

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I woke up at 6:30 am and I had to get ready so I could open the dental office at 8:45 am. The moment I was about to unlock the front door, my neighbor appeared out of nowhere. He wanted to access my backyard so he can paint our mutually shared fence. I was like yeah yeah sure, but I am heading to work and no one will be home to supervise you and grab the backyard keys back. So I spent the next 30 minutes arguing with my nice neighbor and I finally gave in because i got more important things to worry about.

I'm already running late and get to work at 8:55 am, and my coworkers literally got there seconds after I opened the office. Office manager was upset and I had to hold it in since I am quitting March 1. I'm going on multiple vacations for the 3 months before dental school starts.

About 3 hours later...

I get a phone call on my cell phone from Florida, mind you I live in New York City. I pick up the call and it was a telemarketer for dental insurance. I politely refuse the offer because I already have dental insurance. Oh boy... the telemarketer tried so hard to sell me the plan. I fin ally had enough and said I'm going to dental school and I won't need your insurance. She hung up. Lol

About 4 hours later...

I get off work around 8 pm and closed the office. I take the train for about 90 minutes back hom. Checked my 3 emails including my academic email. Slowly dredging the swamp of emails... something caught my eye. I opened the email and the first thing I see is "You want to be a dentist". Oh yeah baby, you know it. I look at the top of the email and it says "Midwestern University Admissions". I am huh, I only applied to Dental schools in New York State except for Columbia. Okay who leaked my email in Sdn?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
A bunch of people got that same email, not to worry

But dang, sounds like you had a rough day. Go order a pizza and go watch some netflix.

Yeah I got it too lol. Didn't even apply there

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lol I got it too. Is this just a generic email? I got excited, I was like "oh a dental school wants me before I've even applied." Just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Did you guys send your DAT to all of the dental schools when you took your DAT? Maybe that's how they got your information.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys send your DAT to all of the dental schools when you took your DAT? Maybe that's how they got your information.
Ohh you're right, that is probably how they got our emails. I think we had to give them our emails when we signed up for the DAT I don't remember. But yeah that's probably it.

What's the point of this thread?

Reactions: 6 users
So... how'd the fence come out?

Reactions: 5 users