What about liberal arts students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tclaybulldog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to a Liberal Arts College so I have a wide range of classes that are not really pre-reqs for the dental schools im looking at. I also started as an Econ major and then later picked up a Chemistry minor to get my pre-reqs and other science courses. Does this hurt or help me?

Members don't see this ad.

I go to a Liberal Arts College so I have a wide range of classes that are not really pre-reqs for the dental schools im looking at. I also started as an Econ major and then later picked up a Chemistry minor to get my pre-reqs and other science courses. Does this hurt or help me?

I don't think it matters either way. I went to a liberal arts undergrad too and it never came up in any interviews or conversations since then.

Liberal arts major + Pre-reqs + plenty of upper division science classes could give you a slight advantage (if you do well obviously).

I think most schools would prefer a science major to a nontraditional with bare minimum pre-reqs. Schools want diversity, but they also want students who cant hit the ground running. Just my personal opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Liberal arts major + Pre-reqs + plenty of upper division science classes could give you a slight advantage (if you do well obviously).

I think most schools would prefer a science major to a nontraditional with bare minimum pre-reqs. Schools want diversity, but they also want students who cant hit the ground running. Just my personal opinion.

this came up at one of my interviews. i was told that they felt that candidates with a strong science background tended to be more successful. awkward... i went to a small liberal arts school, then completed a post bacc.