what about senior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quake

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question guys. How badly is an applicant affected if his first semester senior year grades are mediocre. Better still are schools going to request my transcript for this semester if my interviews start in Jan, if so which schools usally make such requests?
Thanks for any info u can provide!

Members don't see this ad.

Is this b4 or after their decision to accept or reject :)
I think I'm in a tight spot

Members don't see this ad :)
Even schools I already interviewed at asked me to send a transcript after the fall semester.

it depends on the school. most schools dont ask for them. if you do as well or better than usual, you should just send them in. if this is not the case (as in both our cases) then wait till they specifically ask for your grades and then send them in. if grades are not a weak part of your application, then i really wouldn't worry about them asking. i would imagine that they would request updates from borderline applicants were grades would make a difference.

good luck and let me know if they ask you for any.

for charleb32 and jamier, what schools asked for updated transcripts. i only ask this because my schools preprofessional advisor told me that only a handful of schools do this. did they ask all applicants?

please list the schools that you know want a transcript.

Thanks so much choker. I'll keep you updated.

yes and Jamier that list would be nice.

The only list that I can guarantee from personal experience is Kentucky and Louisville. I have heard from others that this is not an uncommon practice.

Wish I could be more specific outside of my state, but I don't want to spread incorrect information.

the only private schools that i know that do this is Loma Linda and NYU.

but NYU just say that it's in the student's "best interests" to send in their grades, so they dont really require them.

MCP Hahnemann asks that you bring a copy of your transcript to the interview. If you haven't already been invited to interview, you might want to get a copy of your transcript...before they put your fall grades on it.

This might help if you are applying to the school.

In that case, I guess I can begin to smile again.
This is great. I'm not applying to any of those schools :)

Jamie: Do we have to send a transcript to UK after this semester as well as in the spring or wait until after the spring and send one? (For those already accepted anyway).

The acceptance letter says: "You are required to submit scholastic progress reports, if applicable, after each semester."

I guess that means we have to send our fall grades and our final transcripts separately.