TTAE

10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
JACOBI? After perusing many of these types of threads, there seems to be very little mention of this classic program. As one not associated with it, but familiar with it from previous experience, I would expect more mention of it. It is one of the oldest, most established programs, it has alumni in most other major programs, many of whom lead the programs, it was one of, if not the creator of "graduated responsibility", it continues to have considerable amount of trauma with maintenance of autonomy during them, and has an Annals editor as its department chief. As far as I can recall it was always considered a powerhouse. What is the current word on Jacobi?

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
NYC--->San Francisco
Status
Attending Physician
Solid program. I cancelled my interview there because its a 2-4. After interviewing at Lincoln, I realized very rapidly that I did not want to do a seperate internship year. And since I was considering (and still am) a fellowship, the extra year made a HUGE difference.

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
NYC--->San Francisco
Status
Attending Physician
One of our graduates is going there as thier first U/S fellow this coming year.

Still, four years is four years... I was *way* to old for that. :D

EMApplicant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
word from my pd is that this program is headed in the wrong direction. take that for what it is worth....

po' boy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
what do you think your PD meant by that? just curious, not trying to start a flame war.

EMApplicant said:
word from my pd is that this program is headed in the wrong direction. take that for what it is worth....

EMApplicant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
po' boy said:
what do you think your PD meant by that? just curious, not trying to start a flame war.
not sure to be honest. i didn't really push the issue as I wasn't planning on applying. i'd take it with a grain of salt. :confused: