Quantcast

What actually constitutes slander here ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
635
Reaction score
1
vertical bite said:
I am probationary status !

AWESOME !!!

I think it's generally a bad idea to make very direct statements like "You are an idiot!" You could say "your reasoning is idiotic" and you'd prob. be okay . You got busted on that thread because you were using rude language for absolutely no reason. It's easy to forget that not everyone has your sense of humor. Some people who post on SDN are brand new to the game, and are honestly looking for answers. Then, someone comes along like you and they're like "What the hell was that? I'm not coming back." Generally, I think it's okay to joke around only with people who've been here a while.
 

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
delicious said:
I think it's generally a bad idea to make very direct statements like "You are an idiot!" You could say "your reasoning is idiotic" and you'd prob. be okay . You got busted on that thread because you were using rude language for absolutely no reason. It's easy to forget that not everyone has your sense of humor. Some people who post on SDN are brand new to the game, and are honestly looking for answers. Then, someone comes along like you and they're like "What the hell was that? I'm not coming back." Generally, I think it's okay to joke around only with people who've been here a while.


I guess so........................................................................

Just curious. Someone called me a ******* and they didnt get ****.
 

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
I think red is my color !

Can Gavin leave my name RED?

Its cool !!!
 

msf41

AADSAS = rip off
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
367
Reaction score
1
Just a suggestion...I've noticed that you have only been a member for about a week, yet you have posted almost 100 times already. You will have as many posts in 2 weeks as I have posted in 2 years...you're on an incredible pace...maybe you are experiencing a little burn out?

Perhaps you need to pull yourself away from the computer once in a while and you won't get so upset about some on-line discussion.
 

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
635
Reaction score
1
vertical bite said:
Just curious. Someone called me a ******* and they didnt get ****.

Well, I think it's probably because you are a *******. These rules aren't absolute, and the moderator most likely takes into consideration the situation. Also, the history of a person's previous posts.
 

ItsGavinC

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2001
Messages
11,749
Reaction score
23
vertical bite said:
I guess so........................................................................

Just curious. Someone called me a ******* and they didnt get ****.

Then either 1) place that guest on IGNORE and never have to read another of their posts again or 2) report it to me.

I can't be everywhere at once. :)
 

ItsGavinC

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2001
Messages
11,749
Reaction score
23
delicious said:
I think it's generally a bad idea to make very direct statements like "You are an idiot!" You could say "your reasoning is idiotic" and you'd prob. be okay.

Absolutely correct. Have heated debates, share info, voice your opinion, but don't resort to insulting others. You should be able to post your thoughts without insulting other people.

Refer to the TOS for further clarification.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top