SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What ADCOM's going to think???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Taty, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Taty

Taty Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2002
    New York
    Hi, I mixed up my trunsfer credits... University gave me transfer credits for chemistry course ( CHE 101), but it is not a pre-med chemistry ( I got Intro to general chem),general chem I is CHE 111 . Because of my stupidity I did not notice it and took General II ( CHE 112), Organic I ( got A's). Now, I discovered that I DON'T HAVE GENERAL CHEM I. I want to take it next summer because it still pre-med requirement. I also want to take MCAT next April and apply for the Fall 2004.

Will that GENERAL CHEM thing going to hurt my application somehow?
    MEdical Schools really gonna look at me as on disorganized applicant ...
    Please, I need some opinion...

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior 7+ Year Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Taking the class out of order is certainly not going to hurt. If you're confident with the rest of your apps, you can even safely take the chance of skipping the class entirely. I had 2/3 of the bio requirement and 2/3 of the physics requirement and the issue never came up at any interviews. I got into a couple of top 10s. 2/3 was possible because my school was on the quarter system in which 3 quarters is the equivalent of 2 semesters (1 academic year).

4. Taty

Taty Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2002
    New York
    Thank you for your reply:)

5. esoteric

esoteric Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Hi! I think its impressive that you did so well in Ochem without taking Gen chem. Although now that I think about it, most of the stuff we covered in gen chem had very little if anything to do with what we covered in Ochem.
    Anyway, when you take gen chem this summer you'll be able to take it easy because you already know the material...enjoy.

6. analu

analu Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't think it'll be a problem. I did something similar: At my university, there are three levels of physics, non-calculus physics, physics for pre-med, and calc-based physics. I took non-calculus physics I and then took calc-based physics II. None of the med schools I applied to had any problems with it, and I decided not to take calc-based physics I because I felt it might look like I was padding my GPA.
    Just my humble opinion.

aloha