What additional/supplementary education do PT's normally get?

Started by Aero SSX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aero SSX

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's what I've seen: eight specialties as listed on apta (geriatrics, sports medicine, etc), hand therapy, certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS), certified clinical nutritionist (CCN) *maybe?*-

-personal training, coaching, and so on.

What about other degrees though? Perhaps PhD? I've seen that you can get a PhD in rehabilitation science. I'm sure you could get a PhD in a bunch of other health fields as well, maybe just with a few extra courses/semesters to get under your belt. Perhaps in nutrition or dietetics, kinesiology, biomechanics and the like.

And does any of this translate to more autonomy, flexibility, job satisfaction, money, marketability (I would assume), etc?